Buff the Farmer Profession for the Love of God

DresdenBBQ

Could we please get a buff for the farmer profession? Farming is honestly one of the easiest skills to upgrade, plus honestly it doesn't really make much sense to them only to have skills in *just* farming. You could give them a +1 to maintenance, since maintainin' and repairing farm equipment, be it a tractor, your power tools or simpler tools is something most rural American farmers do. My godfather's dad who lived on a farm all his life maintained most of his tools instead of buying new ones which is why he's had them for some twenty odd years. Even the chef profession gets maintenance skill but the farmer doesn't??? The most maintenance chef's typically do is sharpening knives! You could even give them a +1 to long blunt skill, since they're used to using shovels, rakes, pickaxes, etc. Which does require some time to aim right since you always wanna hit the dirt at its weakest point and it requires some know how to effectively use those tools. Hell you could give 'em +1 shootin'! I've never known a farmer who didn't own a shotgun down here in rural southern America. Farmers are used to needing one to scare away hogs, deer and on occasion birds who try to eat the crops! As it stands the farming profession is highkey one of the more useless ones which is sad and farmer's know how extends out farther than just knowing about crops, they also have a basic knowledge of the land as well as survival. This is just my two cents and I'd like to see if anyone here agrees with me here. Cause as it stands professions like Carpenter, Engineer, Veteran or even Electrician are objectively better professions to take. 

Edited by DresdenBBQ

I think a buff should come in the form of an update to farming in general, with seasonal crops being a major part of it.
Farmers, unlike other occupations, would be able to tell exactly when to plant their crops, as it would be displayed in the seed's info, anyone else would have to figure it out through trial and error as their crops either grow and flourish or wither away fast.
They'd also have a greater effect on the crops everytime they water them and treat them for illnesses and such.

6 hours ago, Okamikurainya said:

I think a buff should come in the form of an update to farming in general, with seasonal crops being a major part of it.
Farmers, unlike other occupations, would be able to tell exactly when to plant their crops, as it would be displayed in the seed's info, anyone else would have to figure it out through trial and error as their crops either grow and flourish or wither away fast.
They'd also have a greater effect on the crops everytime they water them and treat them for illnesses and such.

that is the best idea i ever heard about farming :D

i'd just add a little input:

the crops being seasonal is great and the farmer displaying informations is even better, but if there is no element of randomness (like the random poison berry for foraging) then people will just compile a spreadsheet with timetables for seasonal plants. 

i mean, this should be possible to an extent but i think the farmer should have a more precise information so that he gets an extra buff to his planting 

Edited by Livio Persemprio

You're so right Geras. Is it just me or do all the professions seem just a little weak to y'all? How is it that someone who's never even seen a circuit in his life over the span of three months get better at jurryingrigging electrical devices but someone who studied it in college and adopted it as a profession? Who needs college when you can read a few books right? I honestly think that all the professions need a buff and I also agree they need more to make them stand out. Like, you could make the angler profession be able to catch bigger fish more regularly. The farmer profession knows how to get the best yields from a harvest and as y'all said knows when to plant the crops by, Park Ranger is able to get more rarer plants since they know the land and are familiar with where plants would typically be at (Different plants require different conditions even in their ecosystems), hell you could make the burger flipper more endurance cause any fast food job *requires* endurance. I get why they're a little weak, you shouldn't be able to get all the skills right off the bat but I do think they just need a slight buff regardless if not only to make them more unique as well as valuable. There really should be a whole update in general just completely reworking the values on skills and how fast it takes to get certain ones to make the progression more linear and even.

Edited by DresdenBBQ