I hate forests

Caturday

For real.

Even in the real life, they are full of unconvenient crap. In addition, you can be eaten by zombies animals.

What we have in the game ?
Forest = dead.

Player's speed reduced, meanwhile dead corpses run past trees like speed cars.

In fact, their line of sight is not interrupted by trees as it seems - i can easy sneak by monsters on the open road, meanwhile when i crawl past humping forest without making any noise, i find myself surrounded by attacking zombies. 

Not to mention its so easy to be grapped in the forest cause clumsy character will push that tree instead of that zombie.

Rant over :(

1 hour ago, nasKo said:

It's mostly the sound you make that makes them follow you, it seems. 
Breaking line of sight and then not running seemed to help in my case. 

But how to deal with these invisible zombies when u go through bushes ?

The zombies were slowed down recently.

Before that they were really speedy, now they have proper animation and are slowed down as well.

Would like it if they would be more slower, but I guess it makes sense since they dont care for scratches etc.

I agree that they should lose sight on you in the forest.

Oi forests are important for us to even eat food! You take that back you scoundrel! 0:< 
Y'know I haven't really had a problem with zombies and trees, using them to break line of sight has been working great for me so far. I'll keep testing to see if I know what you're talking about though.

1 hour ago, ZombiesLoveBrainiacs said:

Even small trees are evil and will try to kill you whenever they can.

Slightly hitting a very small tree created by erosion at the side of the road can cause a major car accident. Pretty annoying.

Imo players should be able to run over small trees with cars, just like zombies. We didn't start this war, the trees did!

How fast are you driving?! O_O
I'm a bit of a sucky driver, so I hit things pretty often, but I rarely ever even get slight damage because I make sure to keep an eye on my speed gauge, rarely going above 60 and never actually needing to.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, the first thing I do when I play is book it to a forest clearing away from any semblance of civilization and start to build up my fort. (I often play as an OP character than can train carpentry very quickly,  I know, I'm filthy for playing the game that way.)

Even with an OP Character, it can take a while to build up a settlement and even longer to stock it with food and supplies. But if you choose a good spot like the forest clearing north of the turnoff on The Muldraugh Highway (past the two story warehouse) I rarely have to fight zombies. Sure, in the short term, it may be easier to barricade a building like the aforementioned warehouse, but building up in the forest make individual zombies and thus hordes, a lot less common.

Archived