Make it so Hard of Hearing doesn't add a "muffle" filter to sound effects

ohgodspidersno

It's a negative trait for a reason. Deaf removes sound from the game entirely. By taking the trait, you're taking those risks. It wouldn't make sense to have a toggle because it'd negate the entire point of the trait

(Admittedly, when I first started playing PZ nearly 5 years ago, I always took deaf because I thought it gave me free points with no repercussions. I never knew that the game had sounds in the first place until I decided not to take it.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 12:08 PM, Pika said:

It's a negative trait for a reason. Deaf removes sound from the game entirely. By taking the trait, you're taking those risks. It wouldn't make sense to have a toggle because it'd negate the entire point of the trait

(Admittedly, when I first started playing PZ nearly 5 years ago, I always took deaf because I thought it gave me free points with no repercussions. I never knew that the game had sounds in the first place until I decided not to take it.)

I think you misunderstand what I'm asking. I think the trait should absolutely lower your hearing radius and make it so that you can't hear sounds below a certain volume.

What I'm saying is that the "muffle" effect is kind of annoying and doesn't really need to be in the game for the trait to still handicap you exactly as much as it does currently.

Also the deaf trait probably shouldn't silence the panic music, since that isn't a diegetic sound but instead a way to communicate to the player that something scared your character. Getting suddenly scared would still happen even if you were deaf.

Edited by ohgodspidersno
Clarifying