[Solved - Answer is YES] Protein intake related to strength xp gain?

moatbordered

So.. I'm a dirty tree slapper and I love slapping me some trees on my downtime to build strength. I even functioned an auto-clicker so I can spam the x2 or x3 speed while slapping, because for some reason it immediately goes back to x1 speed as soon as the slap animation starts. But that's not the point..

See, I just recently noticed that my strength xp gain varies from time to time. At the start it was a stable +2 per slap, but while I was eating junk food to keep my weight up, I started noticing decimal values on my strength xp. It was definitely lower than +2xp per slap for a while.

Now, I just recently got into trapping, which I I'm pretty sure gives me a surplus of protein. Almost as soon as I switch diets, every slap now gives me +3xp. Can anyone confirm if I'm not just imagining this? What file/s do I go digging through to see how this works?

I've got to assume the wiki is still correct with regards to nutrition, and I haven't seen anything to suggest it's changed significantly. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

I can't see how protein causes a difference other than it contributing to calorie count and well-fed bonuses; that is to say that eating chips or rabbit should have no difference on xp gains. Perhaps it's your level (improving over time) which is having an impact?

Found it. It's been added so long ago, but still no mention in the nutrition page.

IWBUMS Build 34.5

Date: 13th February 2016
Forum: IWBUMS Build 34 Update 5

• Added new foods item
  • Pasta/Rice now need to be done in a saucepan with water and not a pot of water
  • Now if you're under weight your calories will decrease slower, if you're overweight it'll decrease faster, should help some problems..
  • Various balance in nutrition calculation.
  • You can now run while being Obese (small speed, and only walk if Obese + Unfit..)
  • You gain strength exp points faster if you have a good proteins balance.
  • Save/load frozen state on Food
  • Frozen state now decrease faster (specially in oven)
  • Updated icons (freezer + traits)
  • Evolved items made of canned food now have a correct name
  • You can now clean blood with a Mop (<3 Kiwion)
  • Lowered n umbers of berries given by foraging
  • Foraging now gives bit more exp.
  • You can't choose unfit AND out of shape (mutual exclusive)
  • Added DayFresh option on Ham

2 hours ago, moatbordered said:
  • You gain strength exp points faster if you have a good proteins balance.

Looking at the source, it seems like Protein only affects Fitness, and not Strength:

Edit:
And just like that, I find it:

if (perk.getType() == PerkFactory.Perks.Strength && this.chr instanceof IsoPlayer) {

if (((IsoPlayer)this.chr).getNutrition().getProteins() > 50.0F && ((IsoPlayer)this.chr).getNutrition().getProteins() < 300.0F)
      {
        paramFloat = (float)(paramFloat * 1.5D);
      }
      if (((IsoPlayer)this.chr).getNutrition().getProteins() < -300.0F)
      {
        paramFloat = (float)(paramFloat * 0.7D);
      }
    } 

Found in zombie\characters\IsoGameCharacter$XP.class

Hmm. But that function's called getRecoveryMod() though. (?) It looks like it takes your fitness level, weight, lipid, and protein levels to calc some modifier related to recovery (health? sickness?).

In any case, that snippet only says "fitness AND protein will affect something else".. which doesn't match your conclusion that protein affects fitness.

EDIT: Yey, there it is. Thanks.

Archived