New Traits

TehaGP

Here's some new traits that I think it could be in the game, if you have anything to suggest, please leave a comment below.

POSITIVES

Scavenger
Look more closely at places and have a chance to find more items.
+10% chance of getting several items at once(Like finding more food on a fridge)
-6 Trait Points

NEGATIVES

Can't stand blood
gets sick of seeing blood on the floor and on his clothes. Unhappiness increases as you spend more time surrounded by blood.
+8 Trait Points

Hates reading
Get bored reading books (Any kind)
Reading books, newspapers or magazines no longer regains happiness
+6 Trait Points

Alcoholic
Stress and unhappiness decrease after drinking alcoohol
Unhappiness rises when alcoohol is not consumed

+6 Trait Points

Can't drive
Doens't know how to drive cars
+8 Trait Points

Scavenger is just what Lucky does.

Cant Stand Blood should be 2 points at most.

Hates reading should be 2 points at most. I initially thought it was free points until I thought about magazines and books no longer fixing your bored/sad moodles, which I feel is a huge disadvantage but not enough to make it more than 2 points.

Alcoholic would be a good 4 point perk, provided creating alcohol got added in the future.

Cant drive should be 4 to 6 points at most, no more than that, in my opinion.

How exactly would "can't drive" work though? Like you can never drive a car throughout the playthrough? I feel like that doesn't make sense. There are a lot of people that don't drive but the people that can't drive aren't really represented in the game. Like extremely elderly, intellectual disability, blind, major physical handicap. Those are people that can't drive.

I feel like most people that don't drive would be able to pick it up if their lives depended on it, its really not that complicated. Even manual transmission, you'd probably at least figure out how to get the car moving eventually. Maybe if driving were a skill that you could level up this trait would make more sense. "Can't drive" people would start out constantly stalling their cars, causing damage to the engine, moving very slowly, etc. But it should be a trait you can get rid of.

16 hours ago, muscamole said:

How exactly would "can't drive" work though? Like you can never drive a car throughout the playthrough? I feel like that doesn't make sense. There are a lot of people that don't drive but the people that can't drive aren't really represented in the game. Like extremely elderly, intellectual disability, blind, major physical handicap. Those are people that can't drive.

I feel like most people that don't drive would be able to pick it up if their lives depended on it, its really not that complicated. Even manual transmission, you'd probably at least figure out how to get the car moving eventually. Maybe if driving were a skill that you could level up this trait would make more sense. "Can't drive" people would start out constantly stalling their cars, causing damage to the engine, moving very slowly, etc. But it should be a trait you can get rid of.

Agreed, driving should be a skill like Fitness and Strenght that starts at 5 for everyone, then the " Can't drive " trait would give -5 drive skill :)

Then there could be positive driving trait like maybe " Experienced driver +2 driving skill "

24 minutes ago, Josko said:

Agreed, driving should be a skill like Fitness and Strenght that starts at 5 for everyone, then the " Can't drive " trait would give -5 drive skill :)

Then there could be positive driving trait like maybe " Experienced driver +2 driving skill "

Personally I disagree that it should be a skill. I see a lot of people complain about driving on Discord, how they're frustrated by the fact you actually have to watch your speed and not just hold in the accelerator the whole time... Throw RNG into that and I imagine that there will be blood curdling screams from many. 😂

That said, a "Can't Drive/No Driver's License" Trait which may have the player driving have some annoyance to it like the player's movement when drunk (I've never gotten drunk and driven in game, is there an effect?) could be quite cool, as the choice to take the trait is fully under the player's control. If it were to be implemented, I'd suggest a hidden variable that would slowly but surely lessen and eventually fully negate the trait if the player drives around enough.

40 minutes ago, Okamikurainya said:

Personally I disagree that it should be a skill. I see a lot of people complain about driving on Discord, how they're frustrated by the fact you actually have to watch your speed and not just hold in the accelerator the whole time... Throw RNG into that and I imagine that there will be blood curdling screams from many. 😂

That said, a "Can't Drive/No Driver's License" Trait which may have the player driving have some annoyance to it like the player's movement when drunk (I've never gotten drunk and driven in game, is there an effect?) could be quite cool, as the choice to take the trait is fully under the player's control. If it were to be implemented, I'd suggest a hidden variable that would slowly but surely lessen and eventually fully negate the trait if the player drives around enough.

Altough zomboid is very realism oriented, and atleast where I live there are quite alot that can't drive, dosn't have a license or dosn't know how to.

I think driving should totally be a skill where 5 is the default value like it is now and everyone would start with it anyway, I suppose alot of work just to add positive and negative traits ^^