Wrong auto-move when interacting with objects

Mork

Ok, this one bug is more of an issue for me than any other bug.

When interacting with an object (furniture), the character will automatically move to a "better" position to interract with it. The problem is it generally positions the character on the wrong spot when it was already in the good position. For instance:
- Character moving into another furniture.

- Character moving few steps away from the object (still able to perform the planed action, like taking objects, but will be too far away to, for instance, to access the furniture inventory after that)
- Character turning to face away from the object
- And the last but not the least: while building a shelf inside a house, character decide to exit the house, and get around it in order to be on the exterior of the wall I wanted to build the shelf on. From there, it then proceed to build the shelf. Good thing, it still built the shelf on the "inside face" of the wall, while working from the outside of the house.

This moving bug can be pretty annoying when you're trying to loot a house without being seen by the Zs (character moving unpredictably when you want loot cupboard and such).
Thank you in advance for this much needed fix.

3 hours ago, Mork said:

- And the last but not the least: while building a shelf inside a house, character decide to exit the house, and get around it in order to be on the exterior of the wall I wanted to build the shelf on. From there, it then proceed to build the shelf. Good thing, it still built the shelf on the "inside face" of the wall, while working from the outside of the house.

same for looting corner counters.

Yeah, all this unwanted movement -after- you've gotten the container menu displaying what you want makes it really annoying to transfer loot or do multi-step actions without constantly readjusting the char or the menu. Particularly on controller since you have less options for moving many items at once to begin with.

Yes I made a few posts about this across Steam and Indie forums over a week ago I think.

Yesterday I decided to install a new mod

"Inventory Sanity mod" by Arsenal26 on the Workshop - who has also posted in this thread - thank you mate for your mod!

Whilst I would prefer a vanilla update for it, I'm happy to report the mod has made looting and item transfers fun again.

One can only hope with something that simple, TIS will fix this very soon in a beta update.

Edited by SonnyJim

19 hours ago, SonnyJim said:

Yes I made a few posts about this across Steam and Indie forums over a week ago I think.

Yesterday I decided to install a new mod

"Inventory Sanity mod" by Arsenal26 on the Workshop - who has also posted in this thread - thank you mate for your mod!

Whilst I would prefer a vanilla update for it, I'm happy to report the mod has made looting and item transfers fun again.

One can only hope with something that simple, TIS will fix this very soon in a beta update.

Glad to help.... Happy looting!!