Washing machines need water even before water gets cut off

Khaaalos

*PLAYING IN THE NEW ANIMATIONS BUILD*

I've recently been trying to wash my character's bloodied outfit from all the zombos I killed. But I haven't been able to find a washing machine that works. I went to different houses only to find the wash option redded out and saying it needs water to work. Which confuses me because the sink in the house works so there should still be water... right? 

I'm fairly new to the game so im not sure if im missing a game mechanic or its actually a bug hence me posting this in the discussions. If anyone has an answer to this I'd really appreciate it

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mr_Sunshine said:

Is there a way to reconnect the water to the washing machine similarly to how you can reconnect sinks with a water barrel after the water shut-off point? 

I think you do it in the same way; water barrels need to be one level up and one tile backward, but there also needs to be power, I imagine.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:47 PM, ohgodspidersno said:

I think you do it in the same way; water barrels need to be one level up and one tile backward, but there also needs to be power, I imagine.

I'm curious if anybody has this working.

I know that if you are building your own base, you need the place to be 'indoors'. That is, you need to have 4 doors enclosed by walls with a roof(i.e. a 'floor' that acts as a full roof). You need to plumb the sink and then yes, have the water barrel up one level and off by one tile.

I have never gotten them to work with existing homes because it's harder to access the roof (I build stares for my custom homes).

But yeah, it'd be great to hear if anybody is able to get a washer to work (presumably with the above and a generator)

15 hours ago, grammarsalad said:

I know that if you are building your own base, you need the place to be 'indoors'. That is, you need to have 4 doors enclosed by walls with a roof(i.e. a 'floor' that acts as a full roof). You need to plumb the sink and then yes, have the water barrel up one level and off by one tile.

I have never gotten them to work with existing homes because it's harder to access the roof (I build stares for my custom homes).

But yeah, it'd be great to hear if anybody is able to get a washer to work (presumably with the above and a generator)

If I can ever get that far in the game I'll try to build a new set of washer/dryers rather than work around the ones already there. Maybe that will work?

On 11/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, grammarsalad said:

Yes I have had this working. That character is dead now, but this is the exact setup I used with rain barrels and a generator. Granted it was in a single level house, but I just built some stairs outside the house to build the barrels up top. You do also have to pick up the object, re-place it and then plumb it if doing it from a preexisting location.

23 hours ago, DEATH said:

Yes I have had this working. That character is dead now, but this is the exact setup I used with rain barrels and a generator. Granted it was in a single level house, but I just built some stairs outside the house to build the barrels up top. You do also have to pick up the object, re-place it and then plumb it if doing it from a preexisting location.

Noice!

On 11/22/2019 at 4:27 PM, ohgodspidersno said:

If I can ever get that far in the game I'll try to build a new set of washer/dryers rather than work around the ones already there. Maybe that will work?

I'm not sure if they would implement the creation of new electric washers/dryers (maybe requiring high levels of electric and some metal working--the electricity skill really needs some work, so who knows).

I could see them implementing 'low tech' washers and they should allow the use of clotheslines:

woman-doing-laundry-in-wooden-tub-and-metal-washboard-ca-1905_u-l-pihge20.jpg

On 11/24/2019 at 12:59 PM, grammarsalad said:

I'm not sure if they would implement the creation of new electric washers/dryers (maybe requiring high levels of electric and some metal working--the electricity skill really needs some work, so who knows).

I could see them implementing 'low tech' washers and they should allow the use of clotheslines:

woman-doing-laundry-in-wooden-tub-and-metal-washboard-ca-1905_u-l-pihge20.jpg

lol, what I meant to say is I'd pick up and move a set of washer/dryers to wherever I want to put them in the house, rather than rely on the current position of the existing set. I'm sure this has already been tried, of course, but who knows maybe the people who have had issues have only tried to make the existing set work.

Archived