Zombies instantly stand up after falling from fence when hit by crowbar.

thecamper41

I just lost a run to a peculiar bug.
When a zombie try to climb over a fence, they will fall over.
So I walk up to her with the intention of smashing her with my crowbar.
However as my crowbar connects with her, she instantly stands up like she hadn't fallen at all.
And her companion that came with her did the same thing when my crowbar accidentally hit her as well.
So I suddenly had two zombies instantly stand up and bite me.
I don't know if it will happen with other weapons, I have only tried with a crowbar.
I love this game, so I made an account to submit this bug, keep up the great work!

It happends with all melee weapons not just crowbar or does it work with other weapons?

It has happend to me many times, but if they fall over a window you can smash their head, I always use windows to get cheap kills on Apocalypse/Survival, you can easily kill a group of 10 zombies that way lul

4 hours ago, Josko said:

It happends with all melee weapons not just crowbar or does it work with other weapons?

It has happend to me many times, but if they fall over a window you can smash their head, I always use windows to get cheap kills on Apocalypse/Survival, you can easily kill a group of 10 zombies that way lul

It happens with all weapons near fences, or windows - hit stopping zombie climbing animations, so game thinking they not in prone mode, until animation is over. This must be like this - as soon as zombie start climbing over thr fence or window - he already must be in prone mode, and if we abort their animation with hit - he falls on the ground.  Sorry for not perfect EN. 

6 hours ago, elislavkat said:

It happens with all weapons near fences, or windows - hit stopping zombie climbing animations, so game thinking they not in prone mode, until animation is over. This must be like this - as soon as zombie start climbing over thr fence or window - he already must be in prone mode, and if we abort their animation with hit - he falls on the ground.  Sorry for not perfect EN. 

In my experience zombies don't instantly stand up when you attack them when they crawled through a window. It only happens with low fences. 

Edited by Geras

5 hours ago, Geras said:

In my experience zombies don't instantly stand up when you attack them when they crawled through a window. It only happens with low fences. 

hm, maybe windows with table near it, the zombie should climb over it

Edited by elislavkat
bad eng,

15 hours ago, ZombiesLoveBrainiacs said:

Exactly. If zombies have to climb over an object after crawling though a window, it's the same as if they climbed over a fence - they'll suddenly pop into their standing-animation if you hit them.

But anyway it's wrong and this is bug

On the other hand, you can abuse fences sooo much if they fix it lol

Let them fall over fence, smash head, jump over fence, let them fall over again, smash head. 

Easy mode! XD

I honestly thought it was intentional at first

Edited by Josko