thaidor

Flares:

I just think flares would be a good addition to the game. For example if you are running from a huge horde of zombies and you have no weapons, but a flare. Wouldn't it be cool if you then could throw the flare to draw the attention from you to another place? Be

Body types: SCRAPPED

When you customize your character, you can choose what body type you want, for example if you choose light and nimble you can run faster, longer and small weapons are most efficient, but when you are attacked you'll loose more health than the bigger body types. If you choose a big body type, you'll be stronger but can't run as fast as the nimble type, nor run as long. And big weapons are most efficient, like a fire axe. If you are hurt by something like a zombie, you'll loose less health than a nimble would do and have a smaller chance of needing a med-kit (A bit like the "thick skinned" trait you get from choosing Construction worker in the customization screen.

Change of the game icon: SCRAPPED

Sorry, but the circle with red scars on is kind of weird. Something that would be better could be the white zombie standing on top on the "O" and "I" on the logo. (http://projectzomboid.com/blog/wp-content/themes/projectzomboid/static/images/logoProjectZomboid.png)

Why you ask? The icon looks a bit like a game from 2003, a circle with a gradient and three red scars on it. So, try something with maybe less colors, no gradient and at the same time make people see what type of game this is just by looking at the icon.

Edited by thaidor

As Rathlord said above, I  :wub: the indie stone icon, same with traits. But I do love the idea of flares, that might fit into the game too, but where would you find them?

I was thinking like in the police station and fire departements, not in houses.

As Rathlord said above, I  :wub: the indie stone icon, same with traits. But I do love the idea of flares, that might fit into the game too, but where would you find them?

I was thinking like in the police station and fire departements, not in houses.

Off the top of my head, the most likely places you'd find something like flares or flare guns would be hunting & fishing stores, recreational marine stores, and perhaps some place with tramping supplies. (So generally, outdoor recreational pursuit stores)

It's probably not too likely that a police or fire station would have flares (what would they use them for?). Although a police station may have flares for lighting or warning of traffic incidents, I reckon it's more likely that they'd use a portable light/sign setup these days.

Most houses with a boat would probably have emergency flares, as would a house of hunting/tramping enthusiasts.

Without comparing Muldraugh to my local region, I couldn't tell if there was a lot of the types of stores that would stock flares, but they are certainly becoming a little less common now that digital/electronic locator beacons and handheld GPS' are smaller and more reusable.

After all, what is the primary purpose of a flare IRL within society? Perhaps base your locations that they can be found off your answer to that question...

Flares are still used very often by railroad companies to mark coding a that don't have guards at night. Required by law if I recall correctly.

Truckers (semis or lorries depending on where you're from) are also required by law to have them in the US. Also some car safety kits have them.

The police still have them occasionally to mark road obstacles at night.

They certainly aren't common anymore, but they're around.

Change of the game icon: (EDIT: My opinion, don't want anyone to get mad :P )

Sorry, but the circle with red scars on is kind of weird. Something that would be better could be the white zombie standing on top on the "O" and "I" on the logo. (http://projectzomboid.com/blog/wp-content/themes/projectzomboid/static/images/logoProjectZomboid.png)

Why you ask? The icon looks a bit like a game from 2003, a circle with a gradient and three red scars on it. So, try something with maybe less colors, no gradient and at the same time make people see what type of game this is just by looking at the icon.

Ha :D

You don't want to know how many versions of the icon I made which were some form of adaptation of the PZ logo before thinking, "fork it, this is taking waaay too long and there are many many far more important things I could be working on, I'll just whack The Indie Stone logo on it and call it 0.5.174.0017a delta version"

It saddens me deeply no-one understands the logo or the pun of your company name :'(

I dont't get the logo, and I didn't even know the company name was a pun. Care to elaborate?

The Indie Stone

indysankara.jpgIJ_sankara.jpg

It's a potato

damnit, I knew it was something something Indiana Jones. should've said something...

It saddens me deeply no-one understands the logo or the pun of your company name :'(

I dont't get the logo, and I didn't even know the company name was a pun. Care to elaborate?

The Indie Stone

It's a potato

Oh my God, the name and the logo make so much fucking sense now. This makes me love TID even more.

all in favor of a hat and a whip as ingame items?

well, a hat would be cool and maybe help a little against rain. a whip would just be weird against zombies. but could be found in some bedroom closets just as a fun item, not a weapon if you know what i'm sayin'

The Indie Stone

It's a potato

I feel bad :C

regarding the flares... what would be the thing about the flares that attracts them? it doesnt move really, its shiny and bright ok, it burns, hmhm yes, it makes a weird noise, check. but would zombies be attracted to such a thing? maybe I guess.

They would be quite usefull as a source of light, like a torch. but I dont know how long those things burn... a glow stick wouldnt be wrong too i guess.

when it comes to distraction I'd go for loud noises, motors like in a generator, chainsaw or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes to flares and other light sources, but mainly just better lighting in general for the game, darker darks and lighter light sources. Nights could be more visible if its particularly clear or a bright moon is out but otherwise night should be night.

It would be nice to have an actual use for the torch :)