Game not quitting when quit is pressed

twisterboy916

When i press quit the game sometimes just continues with the project zomboid menu still there. leaving me with one way to close the game, end the task on task manager.

when i re-open the game my character and inventory is set back to sometimes how it was before i started a session. but the map saved all the changes made to it often destroying all the items that i had looted in-between.

i am playing with some mods but even after disabling all of them the same error occurs.

Having a very similar issue since I got caught up with v41 recently. I'll press Esc, hit Quit and then the menu disappears and nothing happens. The darkened overlay with the PZ logo is still up and I can press Esc to get back to the game again but even after pressing Esc again after that, the options, quit and resume buttons still aren't there and I'm forced to press the "x/close" button on the window (as I play in windowed mode) to exit. Then every time I start back up, the save is there but it says the character is dead and the body as well as some things dropped aren't there anymore. I started 4 toons in the same world and when I had one get infected I dropped my stuff in a car at my camp and let him die. Still had the same issue when trying to quit and when I came back the items in the car were there but the knife my toon dropped as well as his zombie were nowhere to be found. I dropped items the next time on the ground at my camp before exiting and those disappeared when staring a new toon as well.

Edit: Loving the new build btw :D You all rock :)

Edited by Kuren

11 hours ago, Kuren said:

Having a very similar issue since I got caught up with v41 recently. I'll press Esc, hit Quit and then the menu disappears and nothing happens. The darkened overlay with the PZ logo is still up and I can press Esc to get back to the game again but even after pressing Esc again after that, the options, quit and resume buttons still aren't there and I'm forced to press the "x/close" button on the window (as I play in windowed mode) to exit. Then every time I start back up, the save is there but it says the character is dead and the body as well as some things dropped aren't there anymore. I started 4 toons in the same world and when I had one get infected I dropped my stuff in a car at my camp and let him die. Still had the same issue when trying to quit and when I came back the items in the car were there but the knife my toon dropped as well as his zombie were nowhere to be found. I dropped items the next time on the ground at my camp before exiting and those disappeared when staring a new toon as well.

Edit: Loving the new build btw :D You all rock :)

Keeps coming up when people are using mods that modify traits.

Though it should be fixed in the next update, we'd really appreciate if people didn't use mods. :|

5 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Keeps coming up when people are using mods that modify traits.

Though it should be fixed in the next update, we'd really appreciate if people didn't use mods. :|

My bad! I had taken a break from PZ for a while and didn't realize I had an extra trait options mod enabled lol, Couldn't start a sandbox game at all with it enabled in the v41.19 update but once it was disabled everything worked fine on exit and loading :)