41.18 iwbums kingsmouth crashing while sleeping

Crusty Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I've encountered the same Issue. Mac Version 41.20, Kingsmouth. Game crashes when trying to sleep, about 5 or 6 days in. When you restart PZ and hit "continue", you begin sleeping and the came crashes upon waking up. Restarting again, all seems to be fine, but all or almost all zombies are gone. Ironically, I got an Helicopter Event that very moment. No zombies anywhere. Game crashes on Quit Game. No sleep related traits if I remember correctly.

First zip is after first crash, second zip is after second crash.

2.zip 1.zip

It happened again. I was hoping that with the following guide

I'd be able to play Kingsmouth. But again in the 4th or 5th night: crash when sleeping. This time it crashed on waking up. All else was exactly as described above.

Are you playing on a Mac, too? Or did you experience the bug with the Windows version? I'm thinking about running PZ with Bootcamp & Windows to finally have access to Kingsmouth... I'd love to be able to play that map ;-)

Happens to me as well on Windows 7 in Build 40.20. Sleeping in Kingsmouth will cause the game to just freeze.
Ending the process and loading back in will load and you'll sleep until the point you wake up, where the game will freeze again, ending the process again and loading back in once more will wake you up and you can then play normally until you sleep and have to repeat the process.

2 hours ago, Okamikurainya said:

Happens to me as well on Windows 7 in Build 40.20. Sleeping in Kingsmouth will cause the game to just freeze.
Ending the process and loading back in will load and you'll sleep until the point you wake up, where the game will freeze again, ending the process again and loading back in once more will wake you up and you can then play normally until you sleep and have to repeat the process.

Can you upload the DebugLogs from %UserProfile%\Zomboid\logs\ ? 

There'll be a bunch. They're all stored in folders with a timestamp matching when you booted the game for that session, so it might be tricky to find the right one if you don't still have the broken save. Could be helpful. 

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Can you upload the DebugLogs from %UserProfile%\Zomboid\logs\ ? 

There'll be a bunch. They're all stored in folders with a timestamp matching when you booted the game for that session, so it might be tricky to find the right one if you don't still have the broken save. Could be helpful. 

Sadly I don't have them anymore...
But I realized that I was being kind of dumb and still had Superb Survivors in. I believe that is what is causing the issue, since 10 days in pure vanilla Kingsmouth testing didn't cause the issue.

20 hours ago, Okamikurainya said:

But I realized that I was being kind of dumb and still had Superb Survivors in. I believe that is what is causing the issue, since 10 days in pure vanilla Kingsmouth testing didn't cause the issue.

I had the bug on a vanilla playthrough without any mods.

One question @EnigmaGrey

Are the contents of %UserProfile%\Zomboid\logs\  the same as in the logs.zip in %UserProfile%\Zomboid\ ? Because the latter was what I uploaded when replying to this topic on 11-19. Is this sufficient? If not, I will try to reproduce the bug tomorrow and will then upload the contents of %UserProfile%\Zomboid\logs\ ...

I had my hopes up high, was surviving and faring well, made it to day 13 or 14 and yet... sigh. Sadly this bug is still around. Mac 41.21, only mods being Mod Presets and Necroforge.

Edit: Forgot to say that I've a backup this time. I'll do some testing later and check if I can reproduce the bug.

Edited by MECR

Tried again with the backup, and sadly it did it again. Crashed when beginning to sleep. Dear devs, please fix this, as it is killing playthrouhgs ... :-(

Edit: I just realized that 41.22 went online. Will test again and report back.

Edit 2: Nope. It still crashes. I also tried to do some things differently, like not starting the generator or not setting an alarm with the digital watch. But it crashes all the same. But what I realized that water and power supply just went down, this would be the first sleep after it, maybe this has something to do with it...?

Edited by MECR

We found the cause of this issue.  After 72 hours, the game tries to respawn zombies.  But because Kingsmouth is surrounded by water, the game can't find any path from the edge of the map to the place it is trying to respawn zombies.  The solution for now is to disable respawning zombies.  If you put the attached file into media\lua\client\LastStand it should fix the game hanging.

Kingsmouth.lua

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

This one here might be old, but was a solution (please without zombie-respawn) found?

I mean, it would be boring when theres no more Zombies one day.

Since I wanna play on kingsmouth and I got the same problem.

(That the savegame freezes and attempts to reload the savegame results in game-crashes.)

Greetings!