Steam Beta release - 08th Nov 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0011)

RobertJohnson

Yeah, it should run the game before the pause command fires (and you'd see the pause after you exit; and close it then) ... so there's something different here or something going wrong.

First, did you get anything in the error file specified?  That might be the easiest way to sort out what happened.

If not that; does the console give any "Cannot find" style errors before the pause? 

Maybe your Java isn't where it expects Java to be or something...

If it's not picking up I'm wondering if you're not finding the call for:

"%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java"

EDIT: And now I think... are you 32 or 64 bit? 

That could be it as well (I think the batch file wants/expects 64 bit Java but I'm nowhere near positive on that statement).

i installed 64bit java, now it works and i have to say, it works like a goddamn hamster in his wheel on speed! awesome improvements for me sooooooooooo happy

I'm on Ubuntu Linux v13.10 (64-bit), with an older NVIDIA GeForce 310M graphics card (driver: v319.60).  So, thanks for this update, as this version has finally allowed me to play PZ again (against the latest release).

I was able to play PZ from the older 64-bit copy that's still posted on Desura (v2.9.9.10), but I was unable to play any PZ release beyond that (of the last two or three that were posted through Steam recently).  Although, with either of the two copies that I was able to get working, I can only play the game by manually running the "projectzomboid.sh" file via a shell.

I like that you can now build things and make spiked bats and so forth.  But, it seems the performance has gotten a bit more laggy at times, but I don't mind it that bad.  Keep up the good work!

* So far I've killed 71 zombies on West Point.  Ah, so much fun :-).

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I had to modify the "options.ini" file that's in my Home directory (~/Zomboid) to make it go to full screen for my 1366 x 768 resolution, as I tried setting this via in-game and it only somewhat worked (the game resolution window got bigger, but it was in a weird "windowed" mode where I could not see the full game content).  Via the in-game option, it suggested my native resolution as an option (1366 x 768), but it stored it as 744 for my height for some reason.  I adjusted this manually to 768 in the options.ini file and it went to a true full screen mode.

Is anybody getting a really jacked up GUI in this latest version? Seems to only affect full screen (Especially after changing resolution in game).

Also I CANNOT combat, Hitting ones on the ground seems to be touch and go (Some times I attack them sometimes I attack the air, sometimes the air attack kills them sometimes it doesn't).

Performance is great on my system (I see no stutters even with the 30FPS lock off).

dont know if this bug is known (empty bag)

-----------

i used a hiking bag (secondary slot) and put stuff in it

then i equipped a golf club with both hands / hiking bag went to inventory and i was overloaded

put the golf club in hiking bag

equipped bag again but all stuff was gone inside the bag :/ besides the golf club

(dont know if it helps but i carried a sledgehammer in primary slot when i klicked on "both hands" @ golf club)

(so the sledge hammer went to normal inventory too when i klicked both hands option)

edit : 2nd reload and everything is fine .. stuff is back now :/

Hey I'm new to the forums and PZ, how do you download these beta releases? Thanks for the help

depends... are you using steam or desura?

if you are using steam you should get the updates automatically IIRC

Desura is only getting stable releases, so no beta versions

Hey I'm new to the forums and PZ, how do you download these beta releases? Thanks for the help

So there's no way to test the latest beta without getting Steam?

So there's no way to test the latest beta without getting Steam?

I believe so, yes