Steam Beta release - 08th Nov 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0011)

RobertJohnson

I'd hate to be that first guy - but first thing that came to mind is the tutorial. I think it'd be wise if the whole thing was re-looked at by Will (Or whoever wrote that nice piece of text there :) ) and fixed any outdated information, in case the new players stumble on it and won't be able to figure out why it doesn't work.

For example - it still says that if you hold RMB and move mouse away it will make the character run. Just a tiny nitpick and fix wouldn't hurt, so new adapters are up to date.

Other than that - first thing that rushed to my eyes was the famous 'beard running away' bug seem to be fixed*. congrats on that, back to testing!

Edit :

* - Seems like some "finishing" moves still have trouble displaying beard when the hit targets northwest,west,southwest.

Released! Do let us know how you get on.

Something strange happened. I had this character who was surviving for almost 45 days, but after this patch, when i tried to play, the game simply did NOT left the initial message (this is how you died). Even after it faded, the screen just remained black.

When I finally had anough and alt+f4, but when I came back, my character had disappeared.(the game prompted me to make another). everything in the world seems to be the same. Only my char doesn´t seem to exist anymore. 

Also, just before starting the game, I had made a copy of my save (c:\zomboid\sandbox\[savename]) for backup purposes. But when I deleted the "corrupted" save and replaced it with the backup, the same thing happened.

What is more likely to have happened? version incompatibility, or I have somehow indeed corrupted my save? Is there any way to salvage my current char? he had lots of experience points....

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It appears my char wasn´t lost after all. I just decided to wait in the black screen after the "This is how you died" opening message, and after a LONG time (5-8 minutes staring at a black screen) the game loaded.

Perhaps something to take a look at?

EDIT2: However, even though my char still exists, there is a strange "black space" around every single fridge (and its is about hallf a house in size) I have stored stuff into. This "black space seem to be functioning like a wall, preventing me from "entering" it, or see what should be there before.

Lookin/ Playing BEAUTIFULLY! just ran around west point like a headless chicken, working great! no graphic hiccups/ stutter, etc. (that was not true with last version), so great job on fixes this week!

Only negatives I found (only with 25min of playing though), = on 1440x900 the "consuming item" bar when eating is not above my char.'s head (flys a few inches down and right), very brief (1 sec) sound stutter every 12? hrs. (not enough to be noticeable if i am not lookin),   and a very strange house that is not accessible in the water of West point surrounded by 1 row of "empty" squares. (sorry no screenshot yet). But thats just cause im looking for problems, its playing 100% better than the last few versions on my machine. (Amd Phenom II quad, ATI Radeon HD5670, Win7)

Released! Do let us know how you get on.

started new game in west point, cleared the aparment building next to the police station. then i exited the game & reloaded the save.

suddenly i was in the room below my log-off position, bleeding & hurt and a alarm went off...

survived for 2h :cool:

THIS IS BEING MADE PUBLIC BETA NOW TO GET QUICK MASS FEEDBACK. Don't panic or get angry if there are any issues, we'll get em mopped up today but need to find out about any now. We'll not be launching for a good 6 hours or so.

Howdy,

Change list :

• A tons of change in the loot spawn:
    • Balanced loots in West Point.
    • Fixed loots on specific rooms (no more bacon in pharmacy, etc.).

Thanks for this was getting somewhat frustrated, will try it out later

Still no console output after the first 2 lines of "Java: ignoring -noverify" (or something along those words). Considering most OS X users will update to Mavericks since it's free and way faster than Lion, I would take the time to fix it if I were you.

Chalk up another victim to the black screen problem, now lets all try to be a bit more helpful shall we.

Works fine in compatibility mode, and the black screen doesn't seem to be causing any crashes, i tried the old trick of running for a bit but that didn't work, however i can still loot containers, i think i chopped down a tree and got eaten without being able to see lol so it seems like a purely graphical problem.

i will post the console screen for this as soon as i find an image hosting site that works and doesn't require signup

Everything else seems to be working fine but haven't tested much yet.

im also running a load of mods ive tried disabling them which didn't seem to make a difference, but if someone with only the vanilla version could confirm having this too it would rule that out.

Specs:

Windows 7 64Bit
Pentium E5300 Dualcore @ 2.60Ghz
4GB DDR3
NVIDIA GT610 2GB DDR3 (810Mhz Clock)

Change list :

• A tons of change in the loot spawn:
    • Balanced loots in West Point.
    • Fixed loots on specific rooms (no more bacon in pharmacy, etc.).
    • Added more specific loots in container (wallet in some locker...).
    • Added more specific loots in rooms (toolstore, mechanic...)

-shelfs in the police station in west point still spawns clothing & stuff, lockers spawn pens & stuff

-crates & shelfs in the store sw of the police station all spawn kitchen loot

I think it's a little too hard to locate a garden trowel, they still seem to only spawn in warehouse crates.  I couldn't find one until I went to the logging company, which doesn't really seem like a logical place to find gardening equipment.  You find seeds in a lot of houses, so it might be nice to find a trowel too.

I don't know if this is possible with how your loot tables are set up, but it might be interesting to add some chance of gardening equipment to the loot tables of houses with flower beds outside.  Little observational things like that can be nice when you're looking for special items.