Assault Rifle Feedback

Octop01

Hello guys and especially Devs

With debug mode I have now finally been able to test the new assault rifle m16 ingame. I think the performance of the assault rifle is very good, as expected from such a rare weapon and its type so there should not be any nerfs. The main limiting factor is currently the magazines which like with any weapon that requires magazines are very rare to find and mostly only with the weapon itself. Having multiple magazines at the ready especially for the M16 should be the way to go. One huge problem I noticed with all firearms not just the M16 is the seeming invulnerability of the zombies while they are staggered/doing an animation when hit by bullets. Shooting them while they are doing this is pointless and thus limits the firearm experience severly. Another problem I noticed that you may already be aware of is the incapability of the M16 to shoot at zombies lying on the ground so you have to wait for them to stand up to shoot them.

Maybe. But in the recent changelog they talked about changes to the assault rifle namely "balancing" it and adding single/auto fire mode switch. And if I remember correctly I saw a video where an M16 spawned but maybe the dude made it spawn with the debug mode. Regardless this is just feedback for the current status of the M16 and some firearms in general. The animation invulnerability of the zombies needs to be fixed, the magazine spawn rate tweaked and maybe also the maintenance of some weapons be adressed. Being able to repair an M16 only with another M16 seems not like a good deal at all looking at the rarity of the weapon. There should be a weapon maintenance kit like in DayZ or something similar. 

Archived