[B41] Zombies React Apathetically to Players on the Opposite Side of Transparent Tall Fences

Okamikurainya

It always worked like that, if they can get you they go for you even if the entrance is like 30 tiles away, if the entrance is too far or blocked then they'll do what you described.

It's just an issue with pathfinding, can't find path then don't move.

https://imgur.com/a/I2uPMXc (From the ‘Are zombies omnipotent,’ thread)

In my experience some will plan a path around, a quite elaborate one I might add, and others will just keep on banging. 

I’d suggest you check out the aforementioned thread, as people bring up some good points regarding this zombie pathfinding situation.

Edited by Milkdromeda

2 hours ago, Axezombie said:

It always worked like that, if they can get you they go for you even if the entrance is like 30 tiles away, if the entrance is too far or blocked then they'll do what you described.

Not "always"... I used to have a base south of Dixie built around the concept that zombies would still try to walk directly at you, allowing you to pick them off through the fence.
image.png.7e9cfc60d6d97c1d673eab29f85343a4.png

image.thumb.png.c07e25e08b3aa39b2a496f3f3750a4db.png

Which makes sense for an insatiable and stupid killing machine and leads to situations like that seen in the Prison saga of The Walking Dead.

Edited by Okamikurainya