Cigarettes rarer than guns, or bad luck PRNG

disgusdad

So I've raided the convenience store, tavern, gas station, and small warehouse. Killing Zed's along the way.

Found 0 cigarettes so far but have two pistols (1 fully loaded with mag!) and a sawed off shotgun with a box of shells.

Did everyone in my world just find nicotine patches or move to vaping?

Also found two Tote Bags and both contained 80 plastic bags (yes, 80).

Loot spawns are a bit funky in this one for a number of things but I've been finding more cigarettes than my character could smoke in a lifetime. Must be bad luck. Bring an axe or sledge to a storage lot and bust in all the locked garage doors, usually some in those.

Edited by Loskene

I'll try that thanks, I figured it was just dumb luck as the distribution tables show cigarettes SHOULD spawn. This smoker just can't catch a break. If only NPC's were in to trade with. I'd assume the prison would be a goldmine.

Are the loot spawns generated in a wide area when the player loads/moves into an area, or are building interior loot spawned after a player enters the house/building?

58 minutes ago, disgusdad said:

I'll try that thanks, I figured it was just dumb luck as the distribution tables show cigarettes SHOULD spawn. This smoker just can't catch a break. If only NPC's were in to trade with. I'd assume the prison would be a goldmine.

Are the loot spawns generated in a wide area when the player loads/moves into an area, or are building interior loot spawned after a player enters the house/building?

try trash boxes.

You are using the Smoker trait I assume?

I would not recommend it, in my opinion not worth the 4 points it provides. Instead it's better to take a good look and think what you really need so you don't have to use Smoker trait.

Also Clumsy, Asmatic and Conspicious traits is horrible too :(

I have seen cigarettes in the counters of Gigamart in Westpoint too if that helps :)

Edited by Josko

I always end up taking it because once you find a pack and a lighter it's basically 4 free points, and it gives you a starting mission right off the bat when you spawn without them. Palpable relief both for the character and the player when you find them first time lol, then you pretty much stop worrying about it, always end up finding more smokes and lighters before running out.

1 hour ago, Loskene said:

I always end up taking it because once you find a pack and a lighter it's basically 4 free points, and it gives you a starting mission right off the bat when you spawn without them. Palpable relief both for the character and the player when you find them first time lol, then you pretty much stop worrying about it, always end up finding more smokes and lighters before running out.

I suppose you are right, does smoking remove unhappiness from eating bad food? Because the Smoker trait removes unhappiness if you smoke, gotta test this ^^

Edit: I found like over 100 cigarettes in the self storage units in west point, that is crazy! If I find a sledgehammer to destroy the locked garage doors, I will probable have like 500 cigarettes lul

Edit 2: Just by raiding the Self storage units in West point including destroying all locked garage doors there, I got a total of 582 cigarettes! xD

Edited by Josko

35 minutes ago, Mork said:

You should find lots of cigarettes in the pharmahugs. Really, I'm not joking.

Realistic since Pharmacies they sell ( and a select few STILL do) sell those. Hell i remember back in 93 they still allowed in some doctor waiting rooms for people to smoke >.<.