What is maximum armor for now?

Maris

Don't forget the military boots, keep your toes where they should be.

What I'd like to know is if there's any benefit to wearing clothes with 0 protection, at least until insulation is in. Like I throw aprons on over my clothes in the hopes outer layers get worn, bloody and dirty before inner layers, but all clothes seem to get dirty at the same rate so idk. I'd like to put it on the wishlist if that doesn't happen yet, otherwise clothes with no protection and poor insulation are purely weight penalties for roleplaying. Also think all clothes should provide some protection, even if it's only a tiny amount, less than 5. I'd still rather a longsleeve shirt over my bare skin vs zombie fingernails.

Thinking on the flipside of buffing clothes as well, maybe there could be some kind of risk associated with wearing too many beneficial clothing items and accessories, beyond movement and thermal issues. I got thinking about this when repeatedly dressing and undressing my character washing their clothes, all these clothes with hoods, belts and holsters and big backpacks with tons of straps and slings that would be very easy to get a death grip on with zombie hands should they get close enough. Could even extend this to having long hair, very easy to grab a handful of, provides a non-aesthetic incentive to grooming your character regularly.

Last thought on helmets: Most of them provide 100 protection, despite only covering the top of the character's head, ie hard hat, riding helmet, military helmet, while the welding mask has more appropriate numbers for only covering the face. Maybe ones that don't cover the entire head should have their numbers reduced, and add a motorcycle helmet (or maybe a space suit 😉) as a rare 100 protection item. Speaking of bike helmets, leathers please too. And maybe an actual motorbike please Santa 😂

4 hours ago, Josko said:

It seems 57 bite, and 85 scratch defense, wearing Fireman pants, fireman jacket, any helm that gives 100 to bite and scratch, Demin shirt and leather gloves and a scarf giving 10 scratch defense.

Don't forget a diamond-pattern sweater (same stats as a regular sweater, but also protects the neck).

By the way, which parts of the body does the fireman jacket protect? There's one type of jacket that only gives the usual 20 bite 40 scratch, but I've found it to be pretty good due to the fact that it also protects your crotch and thighs. That, and it makes you look like a character from a noir film if you pick the right colour.

Archived