Changes in Food System

TehaGP

The current food system is fine, but i think that it could be so more enjoyed with a few different things like:

1-Plates should be a new thing in the game, they would be used instead of Bowls, the plates would add an option to "Place (Food) on plate" and then you would have to use a fork or a spoon.(The bowls would still be used but for different things like a salad or a soup)

2-Using Forks and Spoons should also be a thing, when you eat for example a canned Chilli it should have options like: Eat with Hands or Eat With Spoon, if you choose "Eat With Hands" and they are dirty, by doing this it could cause a sickness to you, and even if they aren't dirty, eating with hands should leave then this way and recover less hunger. But if you choose "Eat With Spoon" it would be safier(unless the spoon is dirty, then it could cause sickness to you)

3-Another thing is dirty on the kitchen utensils, when you cook something on the Frying Pan or in the Roasting Pan, why they don't get dirty? cause they should, and if you eat something on a dirty plate or cook something on a dirty pan, it could cause some sickness to you and be less enjoyable(Eating on a dirty plate could give like -10 happiness or something), but you could have course clean these things with water, a sponge and detergent(a new item that could be added)

4-If the use of Forks and Spoons were added, a new item that would be cool is a Spork (It's a hybrid form of Fork and Spoon) The item would have a longer durability, occupy less slots and get dirty less often.

5-The fishing system should also be changed, where are the fish thorns to get stuck in your tongue and then you have to remove it with a Tweezer? you should be able to remove the thorns from the fish before cooking it using tweezers and some culinary skill, and if you don't, they would have a chance to hurt you while you eat.

6-Some new kitchen utensils would be cool to, things like a wooden cutter board would be nice to be find on a balcony of the kitchen. The way that you cut things right now is like "Let'me cut this tomate in tthe middle of the air perfectely", on my opinion it would be cool if to cut these things like meats and vegetables you have to use the cutting board(You could also craft it with the carpentry skill)

Another thing that would be cool is a blender, and by adding Milk/Water + any fruit it would make a Vitamin or a Juice, that would cure more hunger and thirst

7-And what about different spices? The current ones are just a few, it would be nice to have more things to season your foods, things that you could grow on the garden like: Different types of peppers, green onion, mint, parsley, garlic and basil. Or ready-made spices like saffron, oregano, curry, lemom pepper and paprika.

8-Getting sick of always eating the same food should also be a thing, like, the more you eat raw potato, less it will cure your hunger, and after a time, it won't cure more, unless you do different things with it like Roasted Potatos, and eating then would "reset" this sick of eating the same thing.

9-Some other foods:

Energy bar(Different flavours like chocolate, banana, apple, and they are also non perishable like the canned food)

Cat food(I mean, if there's dog food to eat, then it should have cat food too)

10-Food garbage

When you eat a banana for example, it should leave a banana peel on your inventory, or maybe when you eat some chips it would left a empty chips bag on your inventory, i just fell that it would be more realistic, even if useless(Except for the banana peel that could be used on the composter)

Needing forks, plates and other things to eat is just needless micro managing for a gameplay mechanic that wouldn't be in any way enjoyable to play as.

People eat the same foods on a daily basis all the time over the world. When you're dealing with surviving on a day to day basis, eating boiled/roasted potato every single day isn't as bad as you make it out to be when the alternative is starving. Boring food is also already in the game in regards to the (very underdeveloped) depression system.

Eating dirty plates won't make you sick in real life. All it takes is one rag to clean off a plate or a pan via scraping some gunk off. Again, it's micro for a mechanic that doesn't need it.

Hey TheLostBigBoss, i just think that needing forks and plates would be more realistic you know? bring more realism to the game.

People eating the same foods on a survival need is true, and i know that the boring food is in the game, if you eat like cold things you gain unhappiness(I Agree with the underdeveloped part) But i mean, if this boring system i said was in the game, it would increase the use of culinary skills, cause now(for me at least) I just eat raw potato in the game when i have a farm, why would i make other thing? The raw fresh potato gives you Hunger: -18, and Thirst. -7, it just doesn't worth cooking it(Again, on my opinion)

I don't know if the right word i want to use is sick, it's more like a bad feeling you know? stomach-ache, yea you could clean it with one rag or scraping the food out, but would you eat a food made in this pan? i mean, would you eat it happy? that's why you would use a sponge to clean it 100%

But it's ok if you disagree with me, anyway, thanks for post

Hey Okamikurainya sorry for the similar post, didn't saw it when i searched, do you want me to remove the post or the similar part?

Yeah i agree, there are lots of foods that could be in the game, like, even a simple barbecue you can't do, or a bread and butter.