Procedural Branching Event Stories

ZombieHunter

These are Special "Events" that has a chance of spawning that add an "ambiance" to the world.

Essentially small little "mini stories" that have a chance to randomly spawn ( may or may not spawn in the current world ) 

That let's you relate to "survivors" by having a skyrim-esque books \ letters \ notepads laying around .to read and find out about what happened. 

They may even tell of hidden loot stashes that spawn and their location.

For example the event, "Fisherman"

A dead female body spawns randomly in one of the houses with a notebook. in her Inventory.

A second male body can spawn randomly with fishing gear 

Can either be next to the body, next to the lake, or somewhere between.

In his inventory contains an ID card that says George

Example of Text 

First Entry

"I don't know how long it has been since George and I were chased out of the house by those things, I no longer keep track of the days, to me it feels like an endless nightmare. I keep wishing it is just a bad dream and keep pinching my self to wake up my arm covered in red welts from fingertip to shoulder as if an army of red ants decided to climb across my arm. While George and I were scavenging I found this book in a little girl's bed room, the flowers the, bed, her little clothes, oh the horrors that little one has to suffer through. I hope and pray she is a better place now and not have to face life through this hell on Earth. Look at me, praying for some one elses death. I have never would have imagined a day when death would be better option than life. As my sanity wanes I decided to write once again, and hope one day someone, may look upon my words and be thankful that it has come to an end. That some one will remind others never to repeat the mistakes of the past to cause what ever did this. That some one will still be alive to read this when me and my George are gone.

Second Entry.

"It has been a while since I last wrote, we have to be careful anytime we move from house to house. Those.... those... things are everywhere, behind every shadow, around every corner, behind every door. I don't know how much longer I can do this. George though, god bless him, he tries to put on a brave face for me, giving me that somber smile telling me everything will be OK."

3rd Entry:

"It has been 1 day since George left. He found a tackle and pole in the last house we were at. The smile on his face when he found it, it was as if all the worries in the world just disappeared for him. He signed to me and pointed at the map where he was headed. A lake east of Malborough, he and his buddies used to go fishing there before the outbreak started. He refused to let me go, he said it wouldn't be safe. To be honest I don't even know if my legs could muster the courage to reach that far. I pray he will be OK, I have nothing left.

4th Entry

It has been almost 3 days since he Left. I ... ( pages too destroyed by water damage to make out the text )

8th Entry 

If you are reading this George, I am sorry. I am so sorry. I couldn't take the screams anymore. Night after night they claw on the doors, the howling the screaming, the howling and screaming. This madness will it never end? Why did you have to go? I am so sorry for what I am about to do, but i hope you were able to find peace. Know that my last thoughts were of you and only you. I am sorry, I truly am sorry.