Place a candle in a can as a source of light

Blasted_Taco

So right now when the power goes out, the only source of light inside of your house is either a flashlight/candle you need to equip or you build one of those Lamp on a Pillar that needs 5 Carpentry to build, so unless you have 5 Cap you are out of light sources that you can turn on and off and light up a specific place in your base.

So why not take a candle, a can of tuna and just place the candle inside the can and place the can with the candle somewhere in the floor? You will have both hands free to do whatever you want, you have a source of light that you dont need to know how to build a shack of wood to make it, you can turn it on and off whenever you want as long as it still has wax and you have lighters/matches and also it looks good.

I tried to mod it in copying the file of Lamp in a Pillar but i am too drowsy to do this stuff right now, so have a picture.

Lit Tuna.PNG

Edited by Blasted_Taco

5 hours ago, Milkdromeda said:

Would love to just be able to place a bunch of candles in general without adding anything all over the place for a real apocalyptic aesthetic. Being able to visually see them be held would be cool too. This is a good idea as well though, so it gets support from me.

Agreed. I was so disappointed the first time I dropped a lit candle on the ground and it did nothing.

I always found it weird Candles weren't a light source to begin with.

Kerosene Lamps were pretty common in the 90s in Rural areas ( my friend lives in a small farming town ) where power is not consistent or reliable. So Kerosene lamps would be often as a source of alternate power - mostly because it was cheaper than Emergency lights. 

14 minutes ago, Octopus said:

On a related note - why not give us actual candlestick holders to loot. Granted, they likely wouldn't be overly common...

Might also just be able to build one. (Edit: Just to be more specific, while I imagine you might need high carpentry or something to do something intricate like this, it would be awesome to be able to craft a bunch of these and set them on tables or on the ground around your base)

As a matter of fact, fire as a light source really ought to be more explored. Why should I bother going through the trouble of using batteries and such when I can just do what they did in Woodbury in TWD. I'm pretty sure they used some sort of torch. 

Edited by Milkdromeda

9 minutes ago, Milkdromeda said:

Might also just be able to build one. (Edit: Just to be more specific, while I imagine you might need high carpentry or something to do something intricate like this, it would be awesome to be able to craft a bunch of these and set them on tables or on the ground around your base)

As a matter of fact, fire as a light source really ought to be more explored. Why should I bother going through the trouble of using batteries and such when I can just do what they did in Woodbury in TWD. I'm pretty sure they used some sort of torch. 

You really don't need advanced skill level, just put them in a glass jar or cup.