Best place to find "Military Spawns"?

Blake81

I drove up to the secret military base expecting to find it stocked with camo zombies, automatic rifles, fuel stocks etc, after the long and winding maze through the forest to get to it, and was woefully disappointed. There's practically nothing there, even with weapon loot set to abundant, though I got a good few military uniforms. I don't know where you're supposed to get an M16. Police station armouries are similarly disappointing, I've had better luck using mechanics skills to pull locked trunk lids off of cop cars.

On 10/31/2019 at 11:11 AM, Loskene said:

I drove up to the secret military base expecting to find it stocked with camo zombies, automatic rifles, fuel stocks etc, after the long and winding maze through the forest to get to it, and was woefully disappointed. There's practically nothing there, even with weapon loot set to abundant, though I got a good few military uniforms. I don't know where you're supposed to get an M16. Police station armouries are similarly disappointing, I've had better luck using mechanics skills to pull locked trunk lids off of cop cars.

Well, to be fair I would hope the army base in the middle of an outbreak wouldn't be loaded with supplies when they should have been the ones creating the initial Event Quarantine on the outskirts of Knox County between West Point and Louisville. 

That being said, I would expect some more military zombies and military vehicles/roadblocks inside of Knox County to account for the attempt to keep the situation under control in the early one or two days of the outbreak, with National Guard zeds walking around with the aforementioned M16's strapped to their frontside. 

49 minutes ago, TheLostBigBoss said:

Well, to be fair I would hope the army base in the middle of an outbreak wouldn't be loaded with supplies when they should have been the ones creating the initial Event Quarantine on the outskirts of Knox County between West Point and Louisville. 

That being said, I would expect some more military zombies and military vehicles/roadblocks inside of Knox County to account for the attempt to keep the situation under control in the early one or two days of the outbreak, with National Guard zeds walking around with the aforementioned M16's strapped to their frontside. 

Fair points, I may have overstated how much loot I expected to be there. But I was hoping for at least one rifle at the bare minimum. I basically walked away empty handed, there wasn't even food in the base kitchen. 2 small security rooms with a locker or two each were the only weapon spawn points and they yielded a single shotgun and a couple boxes of misc ammo. Not worth the journey, especially since I had to spend the night there and nearly got jumped a couple of times.

I have checked the gunshop in westpoint 3 times with abundant loot yet no M16 to be seen anywhere. The spawn rates are ridiculous. And if they do not spawn there some devs should atleast tells us where to get them since they seem to also not spawn in the secret military base.

• 2 weeks later...

They must be in now  because they were in the patch notes.      One of the devs also said they were still wonky iirc.      No doubt they'll become more common over time as they get fixed up and the map expands.   

Edit:    As far as the military base goes I only found clothes,  a regular rifle,   and standard ammo     And that was with the lucky trait.  

I have found a M16 in the muldrough police station once and once in the riverside police station. Also I read that M16s are a rare drop from military zombies.

Edit: Just found one in the gun store in West Point. Also they feel better now I think in the .19 patch they updated it. Thing is I Can't find any Clips for either of the hunting rifles.

Archived