IWBUMS 41.18 released!

lemmy101

18 minutes ago, ilikecaterpillars said:

Would you not just press the hotbar keybind that it was assigned to? So if your gun was on 4 and melee was on 2 and you pressed 4 to bring up your gun, would you then not press 2 to bring up the melee weapon again, rather than 4, which is assigned to the gun? Sorry if I sound dense, but I'm a little confused as to what you mean. xXx

Sure if you can put the specific melee weapon on the other slots. But a bat, for instance, can't be put on the belt and can only be attached to the back. So say you generally use a bat, but you have a shotgun on your back, when you switch to the shotgun it just puts your bat away and you then have to go back into your inventory and re-equip it. It should just take the back slot once you switch to the shotgun and vise versa

Edited by DEATH

5 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Sure if you can put the specific melee weapon on the other slots. But a bat, for instance, can't be put on the belt and can only be attached to the back. So say you generally use a bat, but you have a shotgun on your back, when you switch to the shotgun it just puts your bat away and you then have to go back into your inventory and re-equip it. It should just take the back slot once you switch to the shotgun and vise versa

Ah, got you! Yeah that makes perfect sense. So essentially swapping hotbar items with your currently equipped item. I agree with that. xXx

1 minute ago, lemmy101 said:

it's always been 100% outside of bugs

I agree that it should be turned down to 95% or 98% so there is atleast some hope. Everytime I get bitten I just quit the game and just start over anyway because it's " Gameover "

I think the reasoning for the 100% infection rate with bites, is that when the zombies bite you, the virus gets straight into your bloodstream, as I'm guessing their saliva is more infectious, whereas scratches and lacerations are from them clawing at you, so you have less chance of the virus getting to you?

I personally think that bites should be 100%, but it would be good if there was an option in sandbox that gave people a small chance if they wanted it. xXx

1 minute ago, ilikecaterpillars said:

I think the reasoning for the 100% infection rate with bites, is that when the zombies bite you, the virus gets straight into your bloodstream, as I'm guessing their saliva is more infectious, whereas scratches and lacerations are from them clawing at you, so you have less chance of the virus getting to you?

I personally think that bites should be 100%, but it would be good if there was an option in sandbox that gave people a small chance if they wanted it. xXx

I think you guys just need a serum.

There's a similar problem (now that we know the cause) to the rain puddles that I encountered back in 41.16: I killed a large horde of zombies that progressively (one at a time) advanced onto my safehouse, and eventually I had at least 20, maybe even 30, corpses laying around it.

Every corpse played the fly buzzing sound effect and caused performance issues similar to puddles, I actually had to abandon that safehouse because I couldn't find any shovels anywhere to dig graves to deal with the problem :P

1 hour ago, DEATH said:

I'd really like if we could get something to allow us two large weapon slots... and mostly because it would look SICK to walk around with a machete and shotgun crossed in an X on my back.

it's not about actually managing to survive a bite, i don't want to win the game. 

it's just that i'm sick and tired of people in mp just making a new character the very moment they receive a bite. i want them to hope they can make it, and then i want them to die anyway, and then maybe 1 in a million will actually make it and he will get cocky and get bitten again anyway. 

i'm also sick of people making a new character when they get a scratch and see the anxiety and queasy moodle. the infection takes up to a couple day, i shouldn't be able to tell this easily this early that trying to make it will be useless because a moodlet already told me 10 minutes after the scratch. that's it, don't mistake it for asking for a way to win, i just want a more immersive experience. the struggle and fear people feel when they get damaged from a zombie is one of the best parts of the zombie lore and right now we completely lack this aspect. 

if you have a better idea to get to this goal i'm all ears, i'm not bragging for my own idea to be in the game, i just want the last moments of our survivors to be emotionally strong for the player 

13 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

--snip--

if you have a better idea to get to this goal i'm all ears, i'm not bragging for my own idea to be in the game, i just want the last moments of our survivors to be emotionally strong for the player 

First I want to say this probably belongs in the suggestions subforum. Next I want to say that I was thinking about zombie bites early this morning and came up with what I thought could be a solution that doesn't fit zombie lore, so it could be a custom sandbox option..

I play with zombie infection turned off, I've died enough times that I'm sick of re-doing the grind for skill XP over and over and over just because of an unlucky bite, the first couple of hours of gameplay gets old eventually. Animations update did something though that makes me want more punishment for getting a bite: If you're bitten on an arm, your attack speed lowers to about half. If you're bit on the leg, you're forced to limp slower than walk speed and cannot do ANYTHING but limp when you move. No sneaking, no running, nothing, your bum leg makes you a sitting duck for zombies if you try to go face them.

And I found that I actually enjoyed holing up to let my leg heal, even if the bite didn't infect me it was still punishing for me and delayed my scavenging for a few days. If I didn't have supplies to last a few days, I would've even had to go out and put myself in huge danger to gather some, so I started thinking: What if there was a custom sandbox option for a treatable infection? If you get bit, you'd have to take careful care of the wound to avoid turning into a zombie while also potentially dealing with slower attack speeds, or a dangerous limp. The bites become survivable, but the injury still heavily impacts your gameplay and there's this anxiety of: "What if I don't clean it well enough? Will I get sick and die?"

Edited by Nerezza

16 minutes ago, Nerezza said:

First I want to say this probably belongs in the suggestions subforum. Next I want to say that I was thinking about zombie bites early this morning and came up with what I thought could be a solution that doesn't fit zombie lore, so it could be a custom sandbox option..

I play with zombie infection turned off, I've died enough times that I'm sick of re-doing the grind for skill XP over and over and over just because of an unlucky bite, the first couple of hours of gameplay gets old eventually. Animations update did something though that makes me want more punishment for getting a bite: If you're bitten on an arm, your attack speed lowers to about half. If you're bit on the leg, you're forced to limp slower than walk speed and cannot do ANYTHING but limp when you move. No sneaking, no running, nothing, your bum leg makes you a sitting duck for zombies if you try to go face them.

And I found that I actually enjoyed holing up to let my leg heal, even if the bite didn't infect me it was still punishing for me and delayed my scavenging for a few days. If I didn't have supplies to last a few days, I would've even had to go out and put myself in huge danger to gather some, so I started thinking: What if there was a custom sandbox option for a treatable infection? If you get bit, you'd have to take careful care of the wound to avoid turning into a zombie while also potentially dealing with slower attack speeds, or a dangerous limp. The bites become survivable, but the injury still heavily impacts your gameplay and there's this anxiety of: "What if I don't clean it well enough? Will I get sick and die?"

i like this sandox idea but it doesn't help the problem. 

forget about bites, let's just focus on the fact that after 10 minutes from a scratch/laceration the queasy and anxiety moodles tells you that there's no point in hoping. that's it, and i only answered because no one yet helped on this matter and i want any possible further help on the discussion to focus on helping that, but i do agree that it's getting off topic and will leave it here hoping someone will bring a good idea for that, but am not gonna railroad the discussion since i do agree it is not very polite of me and for that i am sorry 

Edited by Livio Persemprio

22 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

(...) people (...) just making a new character the very moment they receive a bite (...)

(...) making a new character when they get a scratch and see the anxiety and queasy moodle (...)

I agree this is anti-climatic.

Solution for bites could be that they always get the infected status on the health panel and you get sick, but you'd never know if this is just a sickness or zombie virus. You'd need to stay put for a given time to find out. 99% would be zombie virus.

Scratches could get infected and you'd get sick and time would tell if you get zombified or not. If it didn't get infected you'd know you're safe.

Lacerations could be the same with higher chance of infection.

Hypohondriac could make it 100% infection (imaginary or not - you wouldn't know) and sickness rate for all above.

Edited by Geras

• nasKo unpinned this topic