IWBUMS 41.18 released!

lemmy101

in .17 i was able to plumb in water barrels from the roof, but now i cant seem to do it.
**update** nvm, figured it out. had to be an installed sink and not a pre-existing one.

Edited by NXK

1 hour ago, unbirthday said:

Please add 6 months later back in, this was my favourite mode! Starting near Winter with little food and less loot is a nice challenge. Perhaps with less zombies than build 40's 6 months later; because of the increased difficulty.

You can select it from the presets list at the bottom of the screen, in Sandbox.

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here are some things I have noticed.

I believe the aiming widget needs a little more contrast as it disappears completely against certain backgrounds, I just don't fight zombies in melee on white concrete or sand anymore because I'm guessing where I'm aiming and I miss far more than I do on other surfaces. It's not so bad with firearms as the coloured outline is still visible even though the widget is not.

I managed to permanently jam a JS-2000 shotgun, it jammed with no rounds in it. I can rack it as much as I like but it wont clear, I can't load it, or do anything with it.

Magazine spawn rate seems to be an issue. On one character I had seven MSR788 Rifles and five MSR700 Rifles sitting on the floor of my Fortified Trailer which I had gathered from three locations without a single magazine between them. I still have not fired a MSR788 or a MSR700 as I have never found one with a magazine. I have had at least ten characters in the Beta so far and I mush have looted dozens of these rifle across them all.

I would love if there was an option to manually do everything with firearms like in the older build. I had gotten very used to manually racking shotguns between shots and I prefer that to having it done for me.

If i start reloading a firearm while standing still it will sometimes let me start walking and sometimes it won't, so I have to hit the jog button to cancel the reload animation. But I can reload and walk just fine if I'm already walking when I start.

I get absolutely soaked in blood when fighting with firearms, even if I'm firing from a decent range where I wouldn't expect that much splatter to get on me.

Rain seems to cause framerate issues or stuttering. This seems worse when fighting zombies with firearms, continually firing with large numbers of zombies on screen and nearby. I suspect this is how I ended up permanently jamming the shotgun, perhaps the jam was supposed to happen before my last shot but due to the stuttering and general laggyness it happened after the weapon was empty. Fighting with firearms without rain gets a little stuttery, but no where near as bad as with it.

Driving in the rain is almost impossible due to bad framerate and stuttering, this seems much worse when turning than when driving in a straight line.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

I believe the aiming widget needs a little more contrast as it disappears completely against certain backgrounds,

Did you try to adjust the IsoCursorVisibilty Option? It´s very visible for me on 75%

aim.jpg.bd345a707d0cfb70be710b338c60645f.jpg

2 hours ago, Victor said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here are some things I have noticed.

I believe the aiming widget needs a little more contrast as it disappears completely against certain backgrounds, I just don't fight zombies in melee on white concrete or sand anymore because I'm guessing where I'm aiming and I miss far more than I do on other surfaces. It's not so bad with firearms as the coloured outline is still visible even though the widget is not.

I managed to permanently jam a JS-2000 shotgun, it jammed with no rounds in it. I can rack it as much as I like but it wont clear, I can't load it, or do anything with it.

Magazine spawn rate seems to be an issue. On one character I had seven MSR788 Rifles and five MSR700 Rifles sitting on the floor of my Fortified Trailer which I had gathered from three locations without a single magazine between them. I still have not fired a MSR788 or a MSR700 as I have never found one with a magazine. I have had at least ten characters in the Beta so far and I mush have looted dozens of these rifle across them all.

I would love if there was an option to manually do everything with firearms like in the older build. I had gotten very used to manually racking shotguns between shots and I prefer that to having it done for me.

If i start reloading a firearm while standing still it will sometimes let me start walking and sometimes it won't, so I have to hit the jog button to cancel the reload animation. But I can reload and walk just fine if I'm already walking when I start.

I get absolutely soaked in blood when fighting with firearms, even if I'm firing from a decent range where I wouldn't expect that much splatter to get on me.

Rain seems to cause framerate issues or stuttering. This seems worse when fighting zombies with firearms, continually firing with large numbers of zombies on screen and nearby. I suspect this is how I ended up permanently jamming the shotgun, perhaps the jam was supposed to happen before my last shot but due to the stuttering and general laggyness it happened after the weapon was empty. Fighting with firearms without rain gets a little stuttery, but no where near as bad as with it.

Driving in the rain is almost impossible due to bad framerate and stuttering, this seems much worse when turning than when driving in a straight line.

Are you playing on the latest version, Victor?

I have seen different version of some items like Sledgehammer, Shovel.

Would be nice to have a different version of the Saw:

BAH24422N.jpg.716f34f29a4f280678d48d9fc461fef4.jpg

It could also be used as a weapon and give a unique animation where the character saws off the zombies head when they are down :P

I seem to be getting killed  (twice)  when trying to fight and a menu comes up,   preventing smooth character control.       Something that didn't happen in .40 iirc.      Is there are way to disable those click menus coming for sitting on the ground and the like?

Maybe I just need to switch the the key instead of clicking into combat stance.

Edited by feral_donkey

3 minutes ago, feral_donkey said:

I seem to be getting killed  (twice)  when trying to fight and a menu comes up,   preventing smooth character control.       Something that didn't happen in .40 iirc.      Is there are way to disable those click menus coming for sitting on the ground and the like?

Maybe I just need to switch the the key instead of clicking into combat stance.

The best thing to use is the CTRL button, as it seems like a few people are having the same experience as you. xXx

6 hours ago, Kalista said:

Can anyone confirm if there getting any fitness xp in this build? Been watching all my xp gains as i play i can get everything including strength gaining xp but have yet to see fitness move even a fraction of a point of xp.

I'm a month in and about 20% to my next fitness level, so it seems to work.

9 hours ago, Kalista said:

Can anyone confirm if there getting any fitness xp in this build? Been watching all my xp gains as i play i can get everything including strength gaining xp but have yet to see fitness move even a fraction of a point of xp.

Fitness isn't gained by running I found, only by hitting zombies with melee. And it's slow, real slow :(

Hope we get a good way to train fitness in the future.

I was playing around with the Woodaxe and I changed SwingAmountBeforeImpact    =    0.002 to SwingAmountBeforeImpact    =    0.02.

This little change actually made the woodaxe ALOT more viable, it is still a slow weapon, so you got to time your hits right, but it's alot better now because it will swing as fast as the normal Axe but it has a much longer delay than the normal Axe, and maybe incease its weight to 4 to have that heavy axe feel ^^

Also removed the EnduraceMod = 3 from woodaxe aswell, it really ruined the weapon, made you exausted way too fast and in turn made the woodaxe not viable

Edited by Josko

3 hours ago, teapot156 said:

Two questions:

Is multiplayer still disabled?

Can anyone explain the mechanic behind dirty/bloody clothing/body. Why should I bathe? Do you stink? Infections?

Yeah, still disabled. There's no ETA on when that's done.

I believe the bloody and dirty clothes are more likely to cause infections when you get an open wound. xXx

18 hours ago, Dandir said:

Do not press W and hold E for climbing. Works perfectly if character not tired.

Thanks, it's a little bit unintuitive since i have to do the exact opposite when i vault over smaller fences but at least now i can climb those damn fences instead of face hugging them until i die! YEAAAaa!

Sorry if this belongs in suggestions instead of here, but the new character movement controls feel really clunky to me. I don't feel very in-control of my character, there is a kind of latency between when I press a directional key and when my character moves in that direction - it seems to be to the benefit of smooth animation but it doesn't feel nice to control and maneuver compared to how it was before this build. I feel like I'm playing Runescape.

• nasKo unpinned this topic