IWBUMS 41.18 released!

lemmy101

I've been waiting since 41 hit and just tried it and wow it's awesome. Ran into some issues with using a controller that had to with some of the buttons not working in the Device Options context menu of a radio, but otherwise it is so worth playing on keyboard and mouse anyways lol; Much love to the folks at Indie Stone, have been playing Zomboid since way before Vehicles even came and I don't think I could be any more excited to keep on playing. PS, I really, really disagree with people who neg on the developers as they have been doing everything they've said they would. No complaints from me on waiting for the implementations they're making.

2 hours ago, Livio Persemprio said:

i want them to hope they can make it.........i just want a more immersive experience. the struggle and fear people feel when they get damaged from a zombie is one of the best parts of the zombie lore and right now we completely lack this aspect. 

if you have a better idea to get to this goal i'm all ears, i'm not bragging for my own idea to be in the game, i just want the last moments of our survivors to be emotionally strong for the player 

I think the game has done its best to capture the whole "What would you do in a Zombie Apocalypse" by offering the slew of never ending and always evolving fine details...  My thought is not so much a Post solution after getting bit, but perhaps just an attempt to divert your attention to before ever getting a bite... By that I mean the armor value of clothing now mitigates the chances of getting bitten, and it's something we'd probably do IRL.... ie. Dress in layers, and choose clothes that offer protection as opposed to going outside to face the zombie threat without gloves wearing a T-Shirt...  With the new system I see the balance in greater threat vs. more preparation options to prevent it from happening...

So in that sense, there is added hope.....  but it occurs in the preparation and strategy stage. Someone had suggested amputation which I thought would be a good solution offering some degree of "Post-bite" hope.... Maybe that will come in the form of a mod or in a future update...

18 minutes ago, A-mak said:

Awesome! Another update. Great job!

I noticed I cant attach the hunting knife to my belt but I can attach a kitchen knife.

Anyone else have this issue?

Meat cleaver as well got a report up with it already and trying to locate more that wont attach

edit: Found a hunting knife im able to put it on my belt slot.

Edited by Kalista

16 hours ago, Kalista said:

Meat cleaver as well got a report up with it already and trying to locate more that wont attach

edit: Found a hunting knife im able to put it on my belt slot.

Meat Cleaver wont attach because they forgot to put a " AttachmentType " on the weapon code in item_weapons ^^

After I did that it worked perfectly to attach it!

I used AttachmentType = Nightstick

Huh I found a perfect condition Katana on one of the dead zombies that I had killed, I suppose they have a really low chance to spawn that. When I checked the male and female distribution, the Katana wasn't listed there but I guess it's set at 0.001 or something

First time I found a Katana Legit Lmao!

2 hours ago, Josko said:

Huh I found a perfect condition Katana on one of the dead zombies that I had killed, I suppose they have a really low chance to spawn that. When I checked the male and female distribution, the Katana wasn't listed there but I guess it's set at 0.001 or something

First time I found a Katana Legit Lmao!

I actually just posted  last night in the bugs section about something that might be related to this.

The Katana isn't in the male or female distribution list. It's in the Bedroom, Male Wardrobe list IIRC. The bug is that when zombies die, they can generate loot from the same loot tables as containers that can appear in their current room. So, I'm guessing that you killed the zombie in a bedroom and it generated some Bedroom Wardrobe loot, which in this case was a Katana.

Edited by Erasmus Crowley

48 minutes ago, Erasmus Crowley said:

I actually just posted  last night in the bugs section about something that might be related to this.

The Katana isn't in the male or female distribution list. It's in the Bedroom, Male Wardrobe list IIRC. The bug is that when zombies die, they can generate loot from the same loot tables as containers that can appear in their current room. So, I'm guessing that you killed the zombie in a bedroom and it generated some Bedroom Wardrobe loot, which in this case was a Katana.

Nope! I killed the zombie outside in a self storage unit, the one in west point!

1 minute ago, Josko said:

Nope! I killed the zombie outside in a self storage unit, the one in west point!

Hrm, I wonder if the Katana is also in the storage unit crate drop list, and the outside of the storage unit is flagged for that room type then. That's my best guess. You're right though, I was just looking at the drop lists last night and katanas weren't part of the normal loot range. So something funky is going on there. Either it's the bug I reported, or there are 'rare' drop lists hidden somewhere else.

A request for the next update. I just started fishing in my current game and quickly noticed that all the footwear and socks I keep catching are bone dry is there any chance that these items spawn properly waterlogged ? Side note I just hit esc while fishing and am now stuck in the fishing animation.

Edited by Kalista

4 hours ago, Kalista said:

A request for the next update. I just started fishing in my current game and quickly noticed that all the footwear and socks I keep catching are bone dry is there any chance that these items spawn properly waterlogged ?

That is such a small detail/oversight, Im sure they will get to that eventually but they have more important stuff to do and its a long list 😧

Regarding the latest versions, and it seems to subside with 41.18, lacerations are wildly overpowered. Everytime I get one I get zombified, and I mean every single time. I have probably died more than 4 or 5 times with laceration induced zombification.

Also, seems like the pharmacy in Riverstone is not stocked with meds.

8 hours ago, strategiry said:

My performance also tanked in .18, especially during the indoor/outdoor transition.  Performance was actually better for me in .17

Thanks for your feedback buddy. But I didn't mean the difference between 41.18 and 41.17. I wanted to ask, difference between Build 41 IWBUMS and Build 40. I thought, performance became worse than Build 40. Because, a lot of things added to game. Because of animations etc. 

Edited by GhostWarth

2 hours ago, GhostWarth said:

Thanks for your feedback buddy. But I didn't mean the difference between 41.18 and 41.17. I wanted to ask, difference between Build 41 IWBUMS and Build 40. I thought, performance became worse than Build 40. Because, a lot of things added to game. Because of animations etc. 

I think it'll definitely decrease your performance. They've tweaked it quite a lot to help out lower end computers, but because they're using 3D models now, it's going to use up a lot more resources. xXx

1 hour ago, ilikecaterpillars said:

I think it'll definitely decrease your performance. They've tweaked it quite a lot to help out lower end computers, but because they're using 3D models now, it's going to use up a lot more resources. xXx

Thanks for your answer. 

Did you try this new version? If you did, can you give the FPS results between two version.

• nasKo unpinned this topic