Game crashing frequently after latest B41 update

Quigleyer

Question

Hey there, my game is crashing quite a lot.  I have an HD 630 integrated graphics.

Before this latest version (the one with the tool belt) my game ran quite well.

Log uploaded, let me know if you need any of those additional logs and which ones you need.

EDIT:  After investigating my game settings it seems some graphics options were set higher than I had thought, most notably puddles set to "high".  I'm unsure if that's the problem, I'm just looking around and that's suspicious to me.

console_Quigleyer.txt

10 answers to this question

Is it the zip file?  Zip filed called "logs" is attached.

I also have another folder called "logs" which opens up into several more folders- if you need that is there a specific one?

Thanks.

EDIT:  SInce writing that message yesterday I found that "puddles" was an option set to "high", which was not intended.  I have since changed it.  I have not experienced any crashes since changing it, but I'm not certain if it solved the issue as I played in shorter spurts with safe saves via quitting out in between.  I'm just trying to give you all info, like I would a doctor.

EDIT again:  I am still experiencing crashes after more prolonged play.

logs.zip

Alrighty, here are the logs from the 30th, which was the most recent time I remember crashing- which is also after I got rid of the puddles entirely.  It's still crashing, but nowhere near as often as before.  If I had to take a guess it's something to do with when I look into or out of a window, and suddenly a lot of area is revealed.  

I'm still on the same save somehow, if that matters.  

If you need more logs let me know.  Also if there's a more appropriate way to upload them as well, when I try and upload the folder it just goes for the individual files on this forum- apologies if that's a pain.

My full specs are:

i7-7700 HQ @ 2.8 Ghz

8 gigs of RAM

Intel HD 630 integrated graphics

Thanks for your time and your continued support.

30-10-19_00-44-09_client chat Bob.txt 30-10-19_00-44-22_ZombieSpawn.txt 30-10-19_01-19-41_DebugLog.txt 30-10-19_01-20-04_client chat Bob.txt 30-10-19_01-20-23_ZombieSpawn.txt 29-10-19_23-52-19_DebugLog.txt 29-10-19_23-55-23_client chat Bob.txt 29-10-19_23-55-28_ZombieSpawn.txt 30-10-19_00-41-19_DebugLog.txt 30-10-19_00-43-40_DebugLog.txt

Here are the logs from a CTD that occurred in the menu.  They seem to be happening in nearly regular intervals now, the game runs for about 21 minutes before crashing since lowering the puddles options.  

Let me know if this is getting annoying, I'm patient and fine with providing information so long as it's helpful.  Don't want to give the wrong impressions here, I appreciate all you're doing.

02-11-19_00-28-19_DebugLog.txt 02-11-19_00-28-20_DebugLog.txt 02-11-19_00-33-12_client chat Bob.txt 02-11-19_00-33-36_ZombieSpawn.txt

On 10/30/2019 at 4:19 AM, Quigleyer said:

Hey there, my game is crashing quite a lot.  I have an HD 630 integrated graphics.

Before this latest version (the one with the tool belt) my game ran quite well.

Log uploaded, let me know if you need any of those additional logs and which ones you need.

EDIT:  After investigating my game settings it seems some graphics options were set higher than I had thought, most notably puddles set to "high".  I'm unsure if that's the problem, I'm just looking around and that's suspicious to me.

console_Quigleyer.txt 30.14 kB · 3 downloads

Nothing that gives us a clue, unfortunately.

Thus far, it seems to be limited to the 630 series of Intel GPUs. Doing a bit of googling, crashes with 'em seem really common, especially when in combination with a 1050ti (mobile)*. Don't know what to make of it, yet.

*Only mentioning the 1050ti in case someone else stumbles on this thread with a similar setup + problem.

Thanks for the details! Good to know that changing the puddles stopped the crashing, I would assume that there were some issues with your graphics card and the puddles? It would help if you would tell us what your computer specification are (Graphics card, CPU, RAM..),if anyone else will have this issue.

Also yes, the Logs folder has way more information that the "Logs.zip", so it is way more useful to upload that one,

14 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Nothing that gives us a clue, unfortunately.

Thus far, it seems to be limited to the 630 series of Intel GPUs. Doing a bit of googling, crashes with 'em seem really common, especially when in combination with a 1050ti (mobile)*. Don't know what to make of it, yet.

*Only mentioning the 1050ti in case someone else stumbles on this thread with a similar setup + problem.

Is it helpful if I give more reports, or do you think you've learned all you can from my logs?

Ok, it's working great now.  I feel a bit silly- it was a driver issue. I learned today that the automatic updates have something to do with my manufacturer (Lenovo), which had an out of date version as the most recent.  After realizing this I found the driver from Intel, switched over to the display adapter, and was able to then update the drivers manually.

I've gone 3.5 hours without a crash, I'm pretty sure I'm solved.  Yay!

Archived