Are there no magazines for either rifles?!

On Apocalypse mode with lucky I have 15+ magazines for pistols and 1 rifle magazine after five weeks.     They are pretty rare.

I wonder why the rifle magazines are smaller.     Weren't they 5 round in 40?  Now they are 3 + 1 at best.      Maybe to balance multiplayer shootouts?

30 minutes ago, DevinsStillAlive96 said:

I’ve done probably 20 scenarios since build 41 dropped, weapons all on abundant, and I have found clips and ammo for everything except for the hunting rifle and the varmint rifle. Did they just not put them in the game with the update or what???

Clips = the ammo loader that old WW1 - WW2 Rifles used to use like the Lee Enfield and M1 Grand Etc.

Used to be things like the En Block Clip \ Stripper Clip

Or even the ones Revolvers used such as Moon and Half Moon.

Modern Day weapons use Magazines - the two terms are not interchangeable. 

With that said - you want to check Police Stations and Army Fort and Gun Stores - where they have the highest chance of dropping.

12 hours ago, feral_donkey said:

On Apocalypse mode with lucky I have 15+ magazines for pistols and 1 rifle magazine after five weeks.     They are pretty rare.

I wonder why the rifle magazines are smaller.     Weren't they 5 round in 40?  Now they are 3 + 1 at best.      Maybe to balance multiplayer shootouts?

Might be just your luck, I have found more rifle ammo than pistol ammo on my saves.

Anyway, the rifles are kinda crap against zombies, but I bet they will be great even in singleplayer once the animal patch releases. Since they seem to be balanced around the ability to one shot important targets rather than take out large groups, the limited magazine size seems sensible.

15 hours ago, DevinsStillAlive96 said:

I’ve done probably 20 scenarios since build 41 dropped, weapons all on abundant, and I have found clips and ammo for everything except for the hunting rifle and the varmint rifle. Did they just not put them in the game with the update or what???

Varint rifle and Hunting rifle are weapons from pre-build 41. They should not even spawn in game now. Are you sure it's not a mod messing it up?

I have a rifle with a string of numbers in it, like M0001010 or whatever.  I did indeed find a magazine (3 round capacity) inside the rifle, and I am certain I found this rifle inside a boarded up safe house beside a machete.  Very memorable moment.

EDIT:  Also on Apocalypse, also took the lucky trait.

Archived