can we at least somewhat curve the roads already?

turkler

right, first of all, I'm not asking for %100 smooth roads with no imperfections, nor am I asking for every single small turn to me curved, I'm just asking some of the more commonly used roads to be slightly curved (I'd accept 30 degree gradual turns, hell, even 45 degree ones. It shouldn't be that hard to bake 20 something sprites for curved roads with markings and lines, we used to do them with like 12 sprites in RPGMaker)

because it's not fun when you can't safely reach highway speeds on a highway

I want to adress a few points before we begin

-the arrows added in the latest patch are so close to the intersections themselves that they don't help you brake as they give you barely any reaction time

-you can't expect someone to reasonably see them before-hand when my character is somehow near-sighted and can only see about 7 cars length

-I'm not asking for the entire map to be redone, what I'm asking for is curving of the more commonly used roads, and the ones where people are likely to speed, like the highways

and you may say ''turk, then why don't you just learn the map?''

let me tell you something, what do you do to get from rosewood to west point?

hold w

for over 10 minutes

yep, you do absolutely nothing but hold w for several minutes, not that it's a bad thing, it does somewhat add to the sense of scale, but this means both

-you pay less attention to the road as it's pretty boring

and most importantly

-slowing down to avoid crashes is not exactly great since you're extending an already long trip to be even longer, which isn't exactly fun

my suggestion is:

either add some curvature to the roads themselves,

or,

move the arrows back, way back to a point where they give me several seconds of reaction time to properly slow down

t.someone who put a considerable amount of time to this game

I think the issue here there is a big difference between drawing a curved sprite and actually having a functional curve.

A Sprite serves no function - simply an image.

In Zomboid the roads are actually functional - you drive on them you do less durability damage to your tires than grass or zombies. 

Also more than likely they cheat this by having the sprites take up a full tile so simply road paint. 

They may add it in the future - but just want to point out it won't be as simple as drawing a curved sprite.

16 hours ago, ZombieHunter said:

I think the issue here there is a big difference between drawing a curved sprite and actually having a functional curve.

A Sprite serves no function - simply an image.

In Zomboid the roads are actually functional - you drive on them you do less durability damage to your tires than grass or zombies. 

Also more than likely they cheat this by having the sprites take up a full tile so simply road paint. 

They may add it in the future - but just want to point out it won't be as simple as drawing a curved sprite.

ahh bloody hell, half the game's a compromise anyway

if the price of having curved roads is having several pixels that look like grass but is simulated as road, then go ahead