Project Zomboid won't even load for me anymore.

Lorfus

Two days ago is when I last played Project Zomboid, and now that I try to load it, it simply doesn't do anything. There is no console window at the start, and it just opens a black screen. I can hear the menu music in the background, but nothing else loads. Simply a black screen. I have had crashing issues in the past (check my previous posts) and the game worked relatively fine for a bit with the lowest possible specs, with no texture flashing but still a relatively high amount of crashing.

My specs:

GPU - Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

OS - Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

RAM - 4.00 GB

console.txt

Edited by Lorfus

Black screen on startup has been due to the Steam overlay interfering with the game in the past. You can disable it by right clicking PZ -> Properties -> Uncheck the in-game community or overlay (whichever they call it now). 

Otherwise, everything looks fine from the logs.

There's not much to go on., so I'd just try deleting the game's files (%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and %UserProfile%\Zomboid). They have to manually be deleted; Steam's uninstall feature usually leaves junk behind.

To force a new install, you then right click PZ -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify or Validate local files.

Note that we don't support the HD 3000 for the game. That's because Intel dropped support for it some four years ago. They don't release fixes or patches for it anymore, making it rather difficult to work with.

I did what you've told me to do, deleting the game and verifying the cache, turning off the Steam Overlay, and it still won't open. The only change is that the music doesn't even play anymore. It just goes into the black screen, idles for a second, and then either it closes itself or I close it. I just wanna play my zomboid, man...

console.txt

I think the biggest problem there is that you only have 1 GB of RAM available, out of the 3.9 GB you have.

The game needs about 2 GB by itself in 64-bit mode and 1.2 GB in 32-bit mode. Then you're looking at 2 GB for graphics (because the Intel HD "doubles' the required memory for textures in the way it works).

So, you're basically running out of RAM the moment the game starts.