IWBUMS 41.17 RELEASED!

lemmy101

54 minutes ago, NagashUD said:

Your pict made my day !

I am glad to hear it!☺️  Just imagine how would the character looks like if you take 2 more plangers in your both hands....😂 4 plungers in total!! May be someone does it and makes a sreenshot for the next thursdoid? 😜

56 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Ridiculous, but it's also your choice. Nothing stops anyone from walking around with plungers strapped to their belt in real life! Looks great to me, but that's fashion for you.

Maybe devs consider making a plunger a "back thing"? It will look more realistic and eye-pleasing. I know one handed instuments and weapons go to the belt, but a planger is too bulky. Maybe an exaption for it? 

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Jokes aside, I'm unsure the slight gap can be helped as if it's closer, it'll clip through the player model during certain animations. Might be intentional.

I think it will be pretty much unnoticeable. Much better then a thing flies couple centimeters behind you (it is especially visible from the side view). Even now some weapons clip through the player model during certain animations: for example charecter wiping his/her nose (during coughing) with a pan in his/her hand - the pan goes right through the model head. And it is ok, it is a game.

1 hour ago, ilikecaterpillars said:

Maybe you should be able to attach items to your back if you put some string/rope on it first

Agree. For some it could be rope, for some belt, for example. Would be much logical and look much better

So...is anyone else experiencing flying cars? (To the best of my knowledge I don't have any mods installed. I only started doing IWBUMS with the new animation updates. I had not interacted with this car in any way and only discovered it as I was walking into a part of the map I hadn't loaded in game yet. I was a bit startled. Apologies for lack of sound. I play without sound on and therefore with the Deaf attribute.)

Prior to the most recent IWBUMS update I'd had a little bit of trouble with the entire gray rectangle spawning with the vehicles being completely impassible, but I haven't dug through the changefiles deeply enough to know if that was dealt with or might be connected somehow. I'm really only thinking about it because the wheels were oriented to the car when I couldn't get close to them on the ground in the same way that they are oriented to the flying car.

I do have a larger file saved, if it would be helpful. This was all I could fit in the forum's file size limit.

---

I'd also been meaning to come on to say that the clothing on female characters starts to show throw layers near the bust and the tops of the thighs, but I think the cars might be a bit more useful to know about. The thighs had always been a trouble area for female characters and clothes, so I figured I'd mention it on the off chance more test players are playing male characters.

Edited by talysia
Mentioning that I have a larger video file available if requested

2 hours ago, talysia said:

So...is anyone else experiencing flying cars? (To the best of my knowledge I don't have any mods installed. I only started doing IWBUMS with the new animation updates. I had not interacted with this car in any way and only discovered it as I was walking into a part of the map I hadn't loaded in game yet. I was a bit startled. Apologies for lack of sound. I play without sound on and therefore with the Deaf attribute.)

Prior to the most recent IWBUMS update I'd had a little bit of trouble with the entire gray rectangle spawning with the vehicles being completely impassible, but I haven't dug through the changefiles deeply enough to know if that was dealt with or might be connected somehow. I'm really only thinking about it because the wheels were oriented to the car when I couldn't get close to them on the ground in the same way that they are oriented to the flying car.

I do have a larger file saved, if it would be helpful. This was all I could fit in the forum's file size limit.

---

I'd also been meaning to come on to say that the clothing on female characters starts to show throw layers near the bust and the tops of the thighs, but I think the cars might be a bit more useful to know about. The thighs had always been a trouble area for female characters and clothes, so I figured I'd mention it on the off chance more test players are playing male characters.

Have you gone into your zomboid folder and deleted the mod folder? Although there might not be mods activated, apparently there were some issues where some mods were still messing up the game, even when deactivated. xXx

4 hours ago, talysia said:

---

Now we just need to find out how many generators are needed for an output of 1.21 gigawatts.

17 hours ago, ilikecaterpillars said:

Have you gone into your zomboid folder and deleted the mod folder? Although there might not be mods activated, apparently there were some issues where some mods were still messing up the game, even when deactivated. xXx

Ah, I knew there was something I'd forgotten. I probably haven't deleted my hoard of mods hiding in that folder.

• nasKo unpinned this topic