IWBUMS 41.17 RELEASED!

lemmy101

I got a bug where I tried to rename my bag and the windown to rename it would not close at all, the bag changed it's name but i had to deal with the windown showing in my screen untill I went back to my base and restared the game.

Thanks so much for the awesome game!

now that we can easily equip weapons with the hotbar, maybe there should be a bonus to being unarmed, like a slight speed increase or something of the like.

for something more in-depth, maybe each weapon will affect your nimble skill if it is equipped, depending on the weight of the weapon and if it's one handed or two handed

First of all, I'll say that this new feature has been a case of "WHERE HAD YOU BEEN FOR MY PAST 657 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY!?"- I just LOVE how now I can hotswap from one weapon to another in the blink of an eye, allowing me to quickly adapt to whatever situation I am dealing with.

And so far, it has been smooth sailing, too. Only bug I've encountered is that, if you're wearing a normal holster and replace it for a double holster, the new slot won't show up. You have to unequip the gun on the old holster, unequip the old holster itself and then wear the new double holster for both slots to appear. Also, I feel like the guns are showing "too high" on my character's waist; can barely see their handles clipping into my jacket at navel height.

Also, if I were to make suggestions for the future, they'd be the following:

-Weight Reduction

Just like the bag on our backs weights less than if we had it just in the inventory, items on those places should weight a little bit less. This shouldn't be too hard to implement as the functions are already there.

-Utility Belt Slots

More slots for bandages, tools, traps, bombs, quick access to maps, or maybe even a way to wield our walkie-talkies without taking our second hand (Like this) for faster access. These belts could be dropped by mechanics, construction workers, firemen and the like, and some don't even need to be actual BELTS, but just POCKETS in the equipment we're wearing (Hello, Foreman's Jacket, all those pockets you have...).

-Harness Holsters

These-

s7_230407_imageset_03

Also used by cops and security, just like normal ones. Could add 2 more guns slots, which would allow for using up to 4 guns at the time, swapping them as they become spent, which would be an interesting way of dealing with the reload system's disadvantages (why carry one gun and 3 clips when you could carry FOUR GUNS instead?).

Just my two cents.

It seems that if you're bit in the leg and forced to limp while it heals, you become invisible to zombies. For the past few days in-game the zombies can hear me but not see me.

Edit: Nope, nevermind, the zombies think I'm just as tasty with a bum leg after all. How long until amputation so I can replace this thing with a peg leg? ;D

Edited by Nerezza

Great job! Working very hard.

One annoyance I've noticed with the new belt system, I quickly came to realise I did not need to "favorite" all my equipped items, I could easily "transfer all" and not have to worry about fishing for a weapon or pair of socks in a full container.

With the new update comes a green dot next to said item. These items DO transfer with the "transfer all" button, I believe they SHOULD NOT. Until such time I shall just have to do the old favorite system.

Also, I so hope I can equipt small bags to say a leather belt, first aid pouch, garbage bag of munchies come at me.

i noticed a weird animation when i moved to my new safehouse:

removing grass forces you to stand for half a second and then you teleport to your knees to finish the animation properly. 

another small thing is beards:

i woke up some days ago to a lovely chinstrap and a couple day after i had a full beard. now, i expected moustaches or goatee to be the first thing growing, not the last. yeah it's very very negligible, i'm reporting it just for sense of duty

I want to suggest making so 2 items can be equiped on back slot, for example, I have Lead Pipe and Snow shovel, when I am using Snow shovel, have the Lead Pipe automaticly go to my Back slot and vice versa. Otherwise I have to manually equip the second weapon if it is in the Same Slow Category like Lead Pipe and Snow shovel! :(

To make it perfectly clear, I want so the Back Category Weapon goes to my Back automaticly when Im using another Back Category Weapon in my hands.

Edited by Josko

17 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

we done a stealth patch that should fix fps issues. We also figured out a potential cause of fps drop for rain / puddles but that's not made it in tonight.

I played for a few hours and it seems like the FPS issue is solved. Thank you and kudos.

Please, can you make so that the system remembers last weapon that player held in hotbar before switching to it? I've noticed that when I reach for shotgun and then press 1 again to reach for last weapon I held (lead pipe), I come empty handed and I've died because of it.

To make it look better you could make so that character first 'hides' melee weapon with animation on their back, storing last weapon they held on their back, only to then pick up firearm in from the slot, and vice-versa.

Edited by Eggtooth

2 minutes ago, Eggtooth said:

Please, can you make so that the system remembers last weapon that player held in hotbar before switching to it? I've noticed that when I reach for shotgun and then press 1 again to reach for last weapon I held (lead pipe), I come empty handed and I've died because of it.

To make it look better you could make so that character first 'hides' melee weapon with animation on their back, storing last weapon they held on their back, only to then pick up firearm in from the slot, and vice-versa.

Yeah I would like that too! Annoying to manually equip again :P

Also character seems to get Bored inside when you are looting, walking and even if zombies are chasing you... You should only get bored inside if you just stand completely still, it makes no sense that you would get bored if you are active, looting, walking and checking out the place and running from zombies.

I'm experiencing extreme lag after reloading a save during rain. Anytime I do any activity with a timed bar the game stops lagging and everything is normal, but moving and clicking outside of those times are extremely laggy and downright impossible to play. Any fix or is this save screwed? 

Since 41 released I  haven't seen a single attachment for a pistol.     Not sure if that's an issue or you just haven't rolled it back out yet.

I must have collected twenty pistols and raided half a dozen gun stores and police stations.     If anyone is having trouble finding magazines the best way,  for me,  is getting them from handguns on zombies.      With the lucky trait most of my magazines (~15)  came from there.      Won't help with rifle magazines though.    I only have one of those.

hmmmm... don't know sometimes my character just looks rediculous.... 😐

maybe we shouldn't be able to attach plungers  to the belt? It looks too weird and probably unrealistic. Funny tho 😁

Also things behind your back look sometimes little too far from the body, could you make them be one two pixels closer to the body? They look like in the air, not touching the back of the character.

Also. Don't you consider use belts also for the items on your back? Not just glue them to the player's back?

Thanks!

Zomboid.jpg.dc2dc8e8286f5eab5fc7c7cb02944152.jpg

10 minutes ago, YourRussianZombieFriend said:

hmmmm... don't know sometimes my character just looks rediculous.... 😐

maybe we shouldn't be able to attach plungers  to the belt? It looks too weird and probably unrealistic. Funny tho 😁

Also things behind your back look sometimes little too far from the body, could you make them be one two pixels closer to the body? They look like in the air, not touching the back of the character.

Also. Don't you consider use belts also for the items on your back? Not just glue them to the player's back?

Thanks!

Ridiculous, but it's also your choice. Nothing stops anyone from walking around with plungers strapped to their belt in real life! Looks great to me, but that's fashion for you.

Jokes aside, I'm unsure the slight gap can be helped as if it's closer, it'll clip through the player model during certain animations. Might be intentional.

12 minutes ago, YourRussianZombieFriend said:

If I could equip a guitar to my back and plungers at my sides, I'd be able to roleplay as my real life self!

Also, for things like plungers, it would make more sense to have them the other way up, as the plunger part wouldn't fall through the belt.

Maybe you should be able to attach items to your back if you put some string/rope on it first, like in Neo Scavenger? xXx

Edited by ilikecaterpillars

• nasKo unpinned this topic