IWBUMS 41.17 RELEASED!

lemmy101

8 minutes ago, ohgodspidersno said:

I made a post about it in the bug report section but I thought I'd mention it here as well since it's pretty major. I'm on a mac.

The game basically freezes input, behaving as if I was still holding down whatever key I was pressing when it froze. It also stops updating the screen, but continues to "play" the game and sound effects. It continues to play even after I alt-tab out to the desktop and only stops once I force quit. So I can hear my guy continuing to walk, inevitably into a crowd of zombies who start to rip him apart.

This behavior is still present when I reload, or if I start a new game. Restarting the computer fixes it, but it re-appears soon after.

I verified file integrity but it was fine. No mods are enabled.

Not sure what is triggering it. There have been lots of zeds around, so maybe that's it? I attached my console.txt and saved game in the other thread.

Same here, everytime I start the game, after a bit it will just freeze, but it is still going in the background so I eventually die. I don't know why it's happening, since it's been at random moments, like leaving a house or jumping a fence, or just walking, so I don't know what's happening.

image.thumb.png.17138a3946e6aace3b1225b1808beb6d.png

I have an issue where I have items on me that I should be able to equip, but none of them are detected as equipable.
Tried making a new character, also tried restarting steam, none of them seemed to do the trick.
It also displays the red number in the bottom right corner (if I'm correct that should be the indicator that it encountered an error/bug), I have no idea how to search that back.

2 minutes ago, Kapocss said:

image.thumb.png.17138a3946e6aace3b1225b1808beb6d.png

I have an issue where I have items on me that I should be able to equip, but none of them are detected as equipable.
Tried making a new character, also tried restarting steam, none of them seemed to do the trick.
It also displays the red number in the bottom right corner (if I'm correct that should be the indicator that it encountered an error/bug), I have no idea how to search that back.

C:\Users\Yourusername\Zomboid\console.txt

Get us that file.
Also make sure you don't have UniqueZ installed for the time being.

14 minutes ago, nasKo said:

C:\Users\Yourusername\Zomboid\console.txt

Get us that file.
Also make sure you don't have UniqueZ installed for the time being.

I attached it, though I'm not sure it will display anything because I did restart my game once and it did not display the error indicator, just that I can't equip anything.
I did have UniqueZ installed, so that might have caused it, I will test it right now without it.

Edit: Yeah, it works now without the mod installed, thanks for the heads up!

console.txt

Edited by Kapocss
update

3 minutes ago, Kapocss said:

I attached it, though I'm not sure it will display anything because I did restart my game once and it did not display the error indicator, just that I can't equip anything.
I did have UniqueZ installed, so that might have caused it, I will test it right now without it.

console.txt 47.7 kB · 0 downloads

Same issue for me and I too have Unique Z installed.

I don't know exactly what clothing Unique Z adds, but you guys should add those extra military clothes the mod adds to the main game IMO.

2 minutes ago, Josko said:

The wood axe is still bad. Normal Axe is way better than wood axe. Also Axe should be renamed to Fire Axe, since that is what it really is!

I agree to the Fire Axe name change. Which reminds me, firemen also use a Halligan Bar alongside their axes, that could be added as a direct upgrade to the crowbar now that you guys can actually add weapons!

2 minutes ago, Nerezza said:

I agree to the Fire Axe name change. Which reminds me, firemen also use a Halligan Bar alongside their axes, that could be added as a direct upgrade to the crowbar now that you guys can actually add weapons!

Halligan bar? Did not know that!

Found a video of it:

Would be really cool to have that ingame!

I think that dragginn a weapon from the belt might be to fast, i doesn't look as smooth like the others animation maybe lower the speed 30-40%. Also i notice that eating small portions of food take to long, like berries or small can of soda and still can eat frozen food. The animation to take water from lake could be made in the knees? maybe foraging as well or 50-50%. Also now that we are wearing a lots of clothes we have to scroll down more to get to the bottom inventory maybe consider add a fold window for the clothes wearing, also the clock might be consider as a clothe item to wear it. Medicines splinters and medicinal plant might be consider as medicine instead of item to help sort the inventory. If u add wild life later would be cool to have wild dogs and wolfs as a threat in mid game, would be nice to die to a bear as well. Combinations of skills like mechanics 8 and metalwork 9 to reinforce car with metal sheets to encourage player to leave their bases and grind to get cool stuff. Also thank u for your work with the new built i died like 30 times before passing one month, love the new game mechanics :).

Hey, I have the same issue with the massive FPS drop, also seems to be close to a high fence.

console.txt is also included

I have also not tested on a new game yet but it seems that I was unable to attach the starting M9 Pistol to my belt, dragging and dropping didnt work and when right-clicking on the weapon itself, the "Attach" menu was simply empty.

Logs.rar

Edited by DemolitionDerby

10 minutes ago, DemolitionDerby said:

Hey, I have the same issue with the massive FPS drop, also seems to be close to a high fence.

console.txt is also included

I have also not tested on a new game yet but it seems that I was unable to attach the starting M9 Pistol to my belt, dragging and dropping didnt work and when right-clicking on the weapon itself, the "Attach" menu was simply empty.

Logs.rar 323.71 kB · 0 downloads

I think you need a holster to attach a gun to your belt.

There is a glitch with the total character weight when attaching things to your belt/back. 

When I hold an axe in both hands, my total weight is 14.3 

When holding the axe in my hand and "attach" it to my back, it increases my total weight to over 15 units. However, the item is still in both hands, the only thing that changed was the axe is now on the hotbar and "equipped" to the back.

3 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

we done a stealth patch that should fix fps issues. We also figured out a potential cause of fps drop for rain / puddles but that's not made it in tonight.

Hey there, thanks for mentioning your investigation into the FPS drops due to rain/puddles! I wanted to note that my FPS drops were primarily late into a long storm and after a storm had passed, when the puddles are their largest. My testing of puddle quality (which had no effect whatsoever on the game's performance around puddles, unless I put it to "off") happened after the rain had passed entirely, so I don't think the rain had anything to do with it.

Another problem I had was sound clipping and ducking around a lot of corpses. I think every corpse received an instance of flies buzzing over them, which overwhelmed the audio system. I might have it wrong though, and the clipping could have been a side-effect of some other performance problem. Usually I put more effort in investigating bugs like these before reporting them, but frankly I'm having too much fun right now :x

• nasKo unpinned this topic