IWBUMS 41.17 RELEASED!

lemmy101

NEW
All characters now start with a belt - giving them a "Back" slot & two belt (left/right) belt slots.
You can either right click a slot, or drag & drop a weapon to it.  Or, alternatively, click a weapon in your inventory to attach it to the hotbar.
Weapons will be shown on the player. Pressing a hotkey (from 1 to 5) will auto equip the weapon assigned to each slot.
This is a work in progress system that we'd love feedback on!
Added holsters
Holsters have a chance to spawn on police/policestate zombies (automatic get one if he had a gun)
- Rebuilt ProjectZomboid.exe as a gui application, no more console window. Should work with Steam remote play together now.
- Added player Bob_VaultOverToFall animation when climbing over fences.
- Added zombie Zombie_WalkTrees animation for walktoward and pathfind states.
- Zombie lunge animations played at 50% speed in trees.

BALANCE

- Boosted wood axe damage, speed, amount of time you can move during strafe, to make it a viable (but still quite slow) heavy damage weapon
- Force standing when drinking/filling items from sink.
- Reduced handgun model size (+ muzzle redone)
- Added Chipped stone to craft lance recipe.
- Made tall fences transparent when the player is behind them
- Disabled Hypochondriac trait until it can be fully reworked
- Reload XP now given when inserting bullets in clip (small chance) and when reloading (bigger chance).
- Added spear fishing.
- Now equip in 2 hands shovel when taking dirt/sands..
- Added Griddle pan for stir-fry.

FIXES

- Fixed zombies spawning in buildings long after a player has entered the building. 
- Fixed Double-barrel shotgun issues.
  1) Missing inventory icon.
  2) Removed chamber, which allowed 3 shells to be loaded.
  3) Racking not required.
- Fixed blob/suitcase Zeds on spawn
- Fixed FMOD crash on 64-bit.
 Java_fmod_javafmodJNI_FMOD_1System_1CreateChannelGroup() was casting a pointer to 'long' when it needed to be a 64-bit 'long long'.
 SoundManager was calling FMOD_Channel_SetPaused() instead of FMOD_ChannelGroup_SetPaused().
- Fixed zombies getting stuck in the air after climbing through a window.
- Fixed exception after renaming food to have a dollar-sign character in it.
- Fixed lua error when taking compost from a composter.
- Fixed zombified players interacting with doors/windows/etc by left-clicking.
- Fixed new shovels not being useable for taking dirt/gravel/sand.
- Fixed hammering animation when pouring dirt/gravel/sand from a bag.
- Fixed Logs.zip console.txts are limited to all of 2 lines during most crashes
- Fixed issues pressing Escape while entering or exiting a vehicle, or switching seats.
- Fixed players going through a wall when run-vaulting over a fence adjacent to the wall.
- Fixed issue: Unhandled Thread exception by the SQLDB in a non UTF8 environ.
- Fixed Protection screen not working with a controller.
- Fixed Info hair/beard buttons not working with a controller.
- Fixed clothing dryer and washer continuing to play sound after the power goes out.
- Fixed weather mask not updating when the zoom level changes.
- Fixed weather mask not rendering for splitscreen players.
- Fixed zombies get stuck after climbing over a fence with no floor on the other side.
- Fixed some files being closed via garbage collection.
- Crouch key only affects player 0 which fixes split-screen shared crouch
- Fixed "Sit On Ground" context-menu option is available when already sitting.
- Fixed "Sit On Ground" context-menu option is not available when using a controller.
- Fixed adding frozen food into recipes.
- Fixed old Socks still existing.

The animation to equip a weapon from my belt is super fast, and if I keep holding right mouse button after I equip a weapon the hit / push animation speeds up too.

edit: and btw my character started with two belts, wearing one and another one in his inventory

Edited by crossed

HYPEEEEEEEE

Thank you Lemmy and the team! You guys rock, as always! ❤️

1 hour ago, lemmy101 said:

Should be fine i think

Would you consider making Desentizied trait available for all? And set it to cost 10 points like Strong and Athlete :)

I find myself playing only Veteran just for that trait...

4 minutes ago, MECR said:

I get massive FPS Drops and Crashes whenever I go near the newly transparent tall fences. PC and Mac version.

The log files should be more complete in this version. There's a few different ones in %UserProfile%\Zomboid\logs\  It'd be helpful to have the most recent, as we can't reproduce these errors on our own hardware.

You can drag and drop them to the bottom of your post (Drag files here to attach).

The log files should be more complete in this version. There's a few different ones in %UserProfile%\Zomboid\logs\  It'd be helpful to have the most recent, as we can't reproduce these errors on our own hardware.

You can drag and drop them to the bottom of your post (Drag files here to attach).

Console.txt may not be enough. Logs.zip doesn't include them right now.

1 hour ago, Satanushka said:

I can't go into the game in Steam. It just won't open.

Restart Steam.  It worked for me, at least.

55 minutes ago, BajtMe said:

Like the idea af having holsters. Not working for me tho. Dragging a weapon to the slot does nothing, and rightclicking the slot just gives a "no weapons available" message.

Edit: No mods installed.

Same here.  It won't work for me, and I'm hesitant to play without the option to quickly grab my weapon on a whim. :(

1 hour ago, BajtMe said:

Like the idea af having holsters. Not working for me tho. Dragging a weapon to the slot does nothing, and rightclicking the slot just gives a "no weapons available" message.

Edit: No mods installed.

It worked for me after I restarted the game.

9 minutes ago, JustinDaniels said:

Restart Steam.  It worked for me, at least.

Same here.  It won't work for me, and I'm hesitant to play without the option to quickly grab my weapon on a whim. :(

3 minutes ago, Lexx2k said:

It worked for me after I restarted the game.

Restarting didn't work for me. Verifying file integrity did however. :)

Playing on the last build in Survival I drove down here to my favourite lil hideout and it was a god damn zombie town meeting. The absolute amount of the dead heads around the road from the motorway to the petrol insured my car broke down. After I got tot he house there was tons of zeds all around the houses.

Is that normal? Nomrally in every other build that region was a complete ghost town. Even with the petrol station only needing some light clearing

29 минут назад Джастин Даниелс сказал:

Перезапустите Steam. По крайней мере, у меня это сработало.

Это не работает для меня. Я нахожусь на рабочем столе, потому что игра не запускается.
The game stops working after these lines:
LOG  : General, 1572290509422> Loading: zombie.core.input.XInputEnvironmentPlugin
LOG  : General, 1572290509502> Loading: net.java.games.input.DirectAndRawInputEnvironmentPlugin

Edited by Satanushka

I made a post about it in the bug report section but I thought I'd mention it here as well since it's pretty major. I'm on a mac.

The game basically freezes input, behaving as if I was still holding down whatever key I was pressing when it froze. It also stops updating the screen, but continues to "play" the game and sound effects. It continues to play even after I alt-tab out to the desktop and only stops once I force quit. So I can hear my guy continuing to walk, inevitably into a crowd of zombies who start to rip him apart.

This behavior is still present when I reload, or if I start a new game. Restarting the computer fixes it, but it re-appears soon after.

I verified file integrity but it was fine. No mods are enabled.

Not sure what is triggering it. There have been lots of zeds around, so maybe that's it? I attached my console.txt and saved game in the other thread.

Edited by ohgodspidersno
grammar, more details

In build 41.16 the rain puddles were causing the game to micro-freeze (much worse than just simply stuttering) every second, to the point of making it unplayable. I was going to investigate if the puddles themselves caused the problem, or the environmental reflections (because I assume they have reflections) but restarting the game to apply display settings made the puddles disappear and I couldn't fully investigate.

Is the huge puddle lag a known bug, or should I try to investigate some more and report my findings?

Edited by Nerezza

• nasKo unpinned this topic