Issue with vault system

Mikhail Reign

Let me start off by saying I love the new ability to quickly vault over fences - works a charm. I do have some issues with it though. Its now particularly easy to inadvertently kill yourself. If you are running around on a second floor that has a railing (eg: the grated platforms in warehouses, catwalks, etc etc) it is now very easy to have your character suicide jump over the railing. I hadn't noticed this until I was building a catwalk around the top of a wall which was accessible via a offset set of stairs (see example picture)

image.thumb.jpeg.222414d4b49dc99ec7dca4fded3f0e08.jpeg

Now normally I would place the seen fences at the top of the stairs so if you run up the stairs you wouldn't run off the edge. Now though once you reach the top of the stairs the player will automatically vault over the fence (and if you are encumbered as I was) to possibly to your death.

Now I'm not sure if its possible, but maybe something along the lines of a check would be in order? If you are on a layer higher then the ground floor, maybe to vault over a rail you would need to hold done the E button as you approach the rail/fence to vault it while at a sprint?

22 hours ago, DeltaVee said:

I thought you were done with running 😁

But you're right though a safety check when you're not on the ground floor would be nice.

hahah! Funnily enough it was *almost* a stock name. It was something like Greg Campbell and I just couldn't resist changing it.

18 hours ago, elislavkat said:

It's annoying with existing houses with 2nd floor stairs

Yeah I had the same thing happen with the metal grated floors that you find in warehouses - since they are only a 'half floor' that are completed surrounded with vault-able ledged. I imagine that there would be a few other places the issue could arise - off the top of my head: running out of a second floor motel room onto the landing - once you were out of the door you would autovault over the rail.