Build 41 Game Crash

Speedspectre

The game randomly crashes for me and I dont know what is causing it so everytime i get a crash im going to post the log here.

The crashes can happen anytime sometimes when I first join the game up until like 30 mins which is the longest ive been able to play without it crashing.

(Side note weird stuff happens after I rejoin the world of a crash such Loot will reset in the house im in maybe the whole world not sure and sometimes zombies spawn on me as i rejoin which leads to my death; also sometimes the house i crash in ends up with all the windows being covered with sheets and sometimes boarded up when they wasnt before the crash.

Any suggestions to help me crash less would be appreciated I really want to play the new build.

hs_err_pid4816.log

Edited by Speedspectre

On 10/27/2019 at 9:24 PM, Speedspectre said:

I play on a laptop which has built in Intel HD graphic 4000

(Yea i know it isnt the greatest but it ran the previous builds just fine and i can get good fps until it crashes)

This is due to the memory space used to store the textures corrupting. It causes the GPU to run out of memory space, then the game crashes. Might be worth testing  your RAM.

2 hours ago, Coleman JP. said:

having the same issue,  its a 4th gen core intel i3-4170 processor, 64 bit 6gb ddr3 memory with a 1tb hard drive. dont know what any of this means though. never was much one for computers 

Need the log files from %UserProfile%\Zomboid after the crash

They're in the /logs/ folder. The most recent couple would be helpful. 

I also have the same issue as OP (crashes, and after reload, the windows of the house I was in was covered in sheets, and a zombie spawned on me). It may or may not be related, but I have the same graphic card (Intel HD integrated) in my laptop.
Crash happens seemingly random. Attached logs and dxdiag

01-11-19_17-34-03_DebugLog.txt console.txt DxDiag.txt

01-11-19_17-36-59_ZombieSpawn.txt

Edited by bandiii

I have the same problem that all of you. The game runs smoothly some time, but then I click in a random place, the game gets lagged and kick my out. It also happen to me in the options menu, trying to change the framerate.  I hope someone can help us, it's a little bit frustrating. It's a beta, I know but... you know, just saying.

• 10 months later...