Game won't work with GPU, only with integrated graphics

Luks1207

Question

Whenever I try to launch the game using my GeForce 1050ti, it doesn't work. I have sound, but no image.

I can play build 40 with the integrated graphics without any problem. But when I tried playing build 41, it was too laggy to play.

Just to be clear, the game doesn't work with the GPU on either versions.

I already tried disabling Steam Overlay, multi core, 3D models (on build 40), reinstalling the game, restarting Steam, restarting the PC, updating my drivers. But nothing worked.

My specs:

Windows 10 64 bits

Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

16,0 GB RAM

Dedicated graphics: GeForce GTX 1050ti 4 GB (Driver version: 440.97)

Integrated graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630 (Driver version: 22.20.16.4691)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Love your game!

White screen when launching.png

console from build 40.txt console from build 41.txt

5 answers to this question

At a bit of a loss for that one. No error in the console.txts. All looks fine, but that's very similar to the old multi-threading issue despite that being a quad core. 

Go to %UserProfile% and rename the Zomboid folder to Zomboid_old then try launching the game again. Maybe it's just an invalid setting. 

The Build 40 also doesn't work with the GPU... And I have an Acer vx5-591g-78bf, not HP, I forgot to mention. Well, I guess I'll have to wait to play it, then...

EDIT:

Rolling back the drivers, you mean? I'll try it and post the results.

Sorry, I really don't know what it could be. I have a 1050ti (in the form of a Dell laptop) myself, so I know it works with them. 

Your drivers also look up to date, so probably little point trying to update 'em. Perhaps rolling back to an earlier version could help?

It could be down to the way HP configured the system. We've had a lot of problems with HP laptops with the animations build. 

Archived