New Forum Style Feedback

ZombieHunter

3 hours ago, Laird Thaddeus said:

the overall new look is nice. i dont mind the text. my issue is the little dot/star next to topics that show if you have read them or if there is new content it blends into the background color and is hard to see

They changed it from yesterday the color it seems a tad bit brighter

Text has been lit up a notch, please tell me if you're still thinking it's too dark.  

9 hours ago, Laird Thaddeus said:

the overall new look is nice. i dont mind the text. my issue is the little dot/star next to topics that show if you have read them or if there is new content it blends into the background color and is hard to see

Also made them a bit brighter, does that work better for you?

Honestly the color seems good where it's at. Any brighter and the it threatens to scooch into "Lord Jesus please spare my eyes!" territory. The change in style is, well, it's sure different than what it used to be. The old style has me nostalgic just cause, I have so many memories over the years of hoppin' on the forums during my free period at school and browsing the topics and always lookin' forward to the Mondoids. It'll take time to get acclimated to the new look and I'm sure it looks slick and professional to folks who are layin' their eyes on the forums for the first time.

28 minutes ago, nasKo said:

Text has been lit up a notch, please tell me if you're still thinking it's too dark.  

Also made them a bit brighter, does that work better for you?

That's much better. It's definitely more readable. I think one of the Thursdoid posts looked very dark before, but I can read it perfectly again now. 👍🏻 xXx

Text is better, but I think the color pattern should be inverted. 

The background should be darker, more black and each persons post should be the lighter grey. As it stands now, the background of the posts are lighter grey, the posts are dark/black and the white text, while more readable, is a bit jarring.

The post blocks also look kinda "meh" and don't have clear distinctions between the text zone, where the bottom section starts or other section distinctions, it's just too dark to see the small thin bars that are there to show the section. That's not a big deal for usage, but in terms of "looks", it looks like it's not formatted and like every post is just a block.

TLDR: Background should be darker than the posts foreground. Pattern overlay should go from Dark -> Light. Overall dark theme is too black and should use more shades of "grey", especially for poster text blocks.

4 minutes ago, TheLostBigBoss said:

Text is better, but I think the color pattern should be inverted. 

The background should be darker, more black and each persons post should be the lighter grey. As it stands now, the background of the posts are lighter grey, the posts are dark/black and the white text, while more readable, is a bit jarring.

The post blocks also look kinda "meh" and don't have clear distinctions between the text zone, where the bottom section starts or other section distinctions, it's just too dark to see the small thin bars that are there to show the section. That's not a big deal for usage, but in terms of "looks", it looks like it's not formatted and like every post is just a block.

TLDR: Background should be darker than the posts foreground. Pattern overlay should go from Dark -> Light. Overall dark theme is too black and should use more shades of "grey", especially for poster text blocks.

Don't think I'm going to modify the theme that much. That's going into "buying a different theme" territory

Archived