Wall/Door Knock(for distracting zombies or letting players know it's a human at the door)

Fortport

A stealth-oriented mechanic, with the thought coming to me from Metal Gear Solid 2/3. The idea is that you knock on a wall or door to attract nearby zombies to that specific area. Something much quieter than a shout, but still loud enough to manipulate nearby zombies. If you knock on a door, and there are zombies on the other side, this could let you know if the room is occupied or not when they start banging in return to your noise.

If zombies hear a knock, they come specifically to where they heard the sound and investigate. They will not immediately aggro to you unless you're spotted.

If you knock on a door, this creates an audible sound. Players could hear this and know it's another human being, rather than a zombie.

On 10/24/2019 at 8:36 AM, Steelpoint said:

You can actually sorta do this to a degree. If you 'shove' a door it'll generate enough noise to likely attract any, or most, zombies inside a building. Thus I find it a good idea to shove a door to check if there are any zombies behind a door. 

It would be nice to be able to knock on walls as well, or to have it be a specific sound rather than a generic thud for the reasons I mentioned with players.