Game Crash (Build 41)

TheWraithPlayer

Can you re-do this crash? Does it crash only when doing this specific action or does the game crash at other times as well?

If the game crashes again in any way, go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid
Open the console.txt
Copy everything from there to https://pastebin.com/
Share the link to the pastebin here.

It should give us more information about the crashes.

On 10/24/2019 at 2:59 AM, Beard said:

If the game crashes again in any way, go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid

That's the box that appears with the black background and white text while my game is playing correct? If so then it closes whenever it crashes. I may be miss identifying however, so if I'm wrong tell me what I'm looking for and I'll do what I can.

Yep you are right, its the console in the background, the file that I mentioned contains the whole console, it usually shows and error at the end or some indication of what could crash the game, thats why we usually need it to troubleshoot for errors. So you can just grab it and upload it in your next message or copy the contents to the pastebin, either is fine.

• 1 month later...

I am so exited about Build 41 but I couldn't play because it crashes regularly. Sometimes after "That's how you died" sometimes a couple of minutes later in the game. And also whenever I tried to interact with a TV game suddenly crashes. What can I do to fix that? I want to play it

12 hours ago, Burak said:

I am so exited about Build 41 but I couldn't play because it crashes regularly. Sometimes after "That's how you died" sometimes a couple of minutes later in the game. And also whenever I tried to interact with a TV game suddenly crashes. What can I do to fix that? I want to play it

Right now, this is mostly caused by outdated graphics card drivers. Especially if you use integrated graphics cards - Like Intel for example. I recommend updating your graphics card drivers from the manufacturers website. So from the Intel / Nvidia / AMD website.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 1:46 PM, Beard said:

Right now, this is mostly caused by outdated graphics card drivers. Especially if you use integrated graphics cards - Like Intel for example. I recommend updating your graphics card drivers from the manufacturers website. So from the Intel / Nvidia / AMD website.

I updated the graphics card and it did not work. 

On 12/25/2019 at 2:56 PM, Beard said:

Can you tell us your System Specifications? What your graphics card is, CPU, RAM and operating system.

Windos 10,

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-320M CPU @ 2.50GHz

8.00 GB RAM

Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000

20 hours ago, Burak said:

Windos 10,

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-320M CPU @ 2.50GHz

8.00 GB RAM

Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Yeah.. the beta build 41 has increased requirements from the computer, and integrated intel cards dont really like that. Like the HD 4000 and before that are especially prone to crashing.
I can only recommend downloading the drivers from the linked website and trying to lower all the graphics that you can, turning on Texture Compression and turning off Doublesized textures etc. As the crashes seem to be tied to the actual hardware and not game errors.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000

• 1 year later...