Hypochondriac fever seems a lot more lethal now....in the new build

Derbypoo

I always played with the hypochondriac trait and always managed to survive the fever after a scratch (unless it was the real deal). I don't know if it is fever being a lot more lethal now or bug but i can't seem to tank the fever anymore even being maxed fed.

Also Does prone to illness trait make fevers more lethal or simply just more common?

Same question to slow healing trait?

Same.   I died in hours and my guy didn't stand up after so it was a fake out.      Seems very fast but I thought I had more time and wasn't well fed.    I don't use it now.

EDIT:      I forgot that prone to illness does say that it accelerates zombification.      Maybe it was tweaked.      I have the feeling that high thirst requires more water now but I'm not 100%.     Might just be that I haven't played in a bit.

Hey good to hear! Thought my memory was off but hypochondriac seems super lethal.

I like the challenge of never knowing when I'm truly infected, but thrice I've died from non-infectious scratches (did not zombify even after letting the screen run for ten minutes to an hour).

The troubling thing is I died despite being generally well fed and rested throughout (I always prep a bunker to wait out the inevitable sickness). Hypochondriac seems to have turned into a death sentence.

Hello, I was having the same issue with hypochondriac pretty much sealing my (dead) fate after almost every scratch/laceration too! The old method of staying well fed to beat fevers no longer seems to work. 

A temporary cure seems to be antibiotics, less than a minute after I took some my hypochondriac fever began to die down. But then it kicked back in after a few in-game hours and my corpse did not reanimate.

In over five characters, every time I've died its been due to a scratch. I think only one of those times I was actually infected, every other time my character was just dead without becoming a Zombie.

Perhaps I need to chug antibiotics or something. But I've yet to survive the fever from a scratch, even if I don't get infected.

At first I thought I was having terrible luck with getting infected from scratches constantly. I guess hypochondriac is quite lethal now. 

On 10/24/2019 at 9:57 AM, Josko said:

Definately not worth the 2 points then ^^ 

You may easily cure hypochondriac queasy with antibiotics.

If you have nauseous+, take one pill and wait for queasy, then take second pill.

Ofc it won't help if you have zombie virus.

Archived