IWBUMS 41.16 released!

lemmy101

Should fix a lot of 'crash on loading into game' issues!

- Increased memory allocation for 64bit zomboid that could potentially avoid crashes on some systems loading into game.

- Fixed shader issues with clothing overlays and holes which affect some GPUs (big source of hangs/crashes on game load / leaving spawn house and probably the same cause of some mac issues reported)

- Added options for transparency / visibility of iso cursor for combat.

- Render thread will now throw out better error messages for diagnosing future problems.

- Fixed zombies playing their death sound sometimes when stabbed (but not jaw-stabbed).
 This happened when bCloseKill=true but CriticalHit=false.
- A zombie dies as soon as it is jaw-stabbed, not after falling to the ground.
 The KnifeDeath animation is played in the falldown state, not the hitreaction state.
 The KnifeDeath hitreaction doesn't happen now because the zombie is dead before falling.

- Fixed zombie number issue on Survival

- Fixed pathfinding failing when moving on the same square when that square is blocked in all directions.
 This worked before luautils.walkAdj() was changed to not call AdjacentFreeTileFinder.isTileOrAdjacent().
https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26223-stuck-in-one-spot/

not sure if you fixed it because i saw you did fix dupping bug on generator but when i wash bandages using the option on the sink when my character refill it i start dupplicating the empty water bottle and end up with a bunch of them 

2 hours ago, thenejro said:

I'm still having crash issues with this version.

Here is my logs.zip if someone could help me

This are my settings:

Intel Core i7-7500U 2.70Ghz, motherboard HP 8367, VideoCard: Intel HD Graphics 620, 12gb RAM

logs.zip 250.59 kB · 2 downloads

Logs.zip isn't functional right now.

Could you go to Steam -> Restart and then try verifying the game? (Project Zomboid -> Properties -> Local Files -> Validate)

There should be a newer update that may resolve this.

If not, could you grab the console.txt instead of the logs.zip and explain where it's crashing?

17 hours ago, poodude28 said:

Still no fix for the saving / loading bug =(.

There's still a few things we're not quite clear on regarding the save issue.

Could you try getting the console.txt file after it happens again? Ideally, we need it to be in the same session of the game, as the console.txt gets overwritten each time the game is started.

So, start a game -> save it -> load it -> if it breaks, grab the console.txt.

Note: if you're using trait mods, it's expected it'll break. 

Note2: some people have suggested it only breaks when using the continue button, whereas it works fine after loading

Note 3: is it crashing or locking up during save/sleep, causing you to quit the game some other way than ESC -> Quit?

3 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Could you try getting the console.txt file after it happens again? Ideally, we need it to be in the same session of the game, as the console.txt gets overwritten each time the game is started.

Note2: some people have suggested it only breaks when using the continue button, whereas it works fine after loading

Note 3: is it crashing or locking up during save/sleep, causing you to quit the game some other way than ESC -> Quit?

I have also heard in reported that it only stops saving the game after a character has died in the world, and a new one has been made (the new one won't save)

14 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I'll be sure to update my bug report with a console.txt

Edit - using load instead of continue seems to have fixed it.

Edited by poodude28

Just noticed that choosing Apocalypse is actually Survivor mode again xD

Noticed it in my save file when i was sure i chose Apocalypse, Made a new game and choosing Apocalypse sets the difficulty to Survivor sure enough

Either that or the save files are labelled wrong

Also can't pick up or dissassemble some 2 tile objects, The desks here have the same issue

image.thumb.png.4695702986868a218a32a148bc4177cd.png

Edited by Neutz

2 hours ago, Neutz said:

Just noticed that choosing Apocalypse is actually Survivor mode again xD

Noticed it in my save file when i was sure i chose Apocalypse, Made a new game and choosing Apocalypse sets the difficulty to Survivor sure enough

Either that or the save files are labelled wrong

Technically, it's correct.

Apocalypse ~= Survivor

Survivor ~= Fighter (renamed brawler later)

Builder == still builder

Though by now they have tweaked sandbox settings, .etc. The game never forgets. Though we'll blank its memory later. Until then it's going to be a tad confusing when asking people to do things with their saves. :|

2 hours ago, Neutz said:

Also can't pick up or dissassemble some 2 tile objects, The desks here have the same issue

Very old bug; been like that since the Furniture Moving was first implemented. Can't move those cubby walls, and some desks for some reason.

Edited by Blake81

On 10/23/2019 at 9:35 PM, M2xim said:

not sure if you fixed it because i saw you did fix dupping bug on generator but when i wash bandages using the option on the sink when my character refill it i start dupplicating the empty water bottle and end up with a bunch of them 

Could you confirm that this still happens, please? And if it is, could you give more detailed steps?

Also, if there is a bottle available in nearby containers the char will take that and use it to clean dirty bandages/sheets. Is it possible this happened and not the duplication? 

11 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Could you confirm that this still happens, please? And if it is, could you give more detailed steps?

Also, if there is a bottle available in nearby containers the char will take that and use it to clean dirty bandages/sheets. Is it possible this happened and not the duplication?

No i'm playing Apocalypse, there's no way there were 16 water bottles in the 3 counters in front of me. Hell i'm not even sure that would be possible in sandbox with loot set on abundant lol

The only thing i do is washing all bandages by clicking the option on the sink, then i start dupplicating empty bottles until i'm done washing the bandages. Every time it refill i get a new bottle. 

• nasKo unpinned this topic