(41.15) Fully loaded car vanished on game load, door suddenly locked.

BoogieMan

I had a fully loaded police truck when I saved and exited the game. It was parked and turned off about 20ft from my location. Loaded up a few hours later and the car was gone. This was parked by the rear exit to the movie theater by the mall.

EDIT: Another odd effect. The backdoor to the movie theater is now locked and it was NOT when I last played. As far as I can see, the pile of dead zombies I was disposing out back are still there.

So, car and contents vanished, door locked itself.

The trunk was nearly full with a few tote bags, a school bag, and a hiking bag loaded mostly non perishable food, building supplies, tools and some guns and ammo.

Edited by BoogieMan

Could you check the save folder for a \blam\ folder?

They're in %UserProfile%\Zomboid\saves\modeName\saveGameName\

The door locking itself sounds more like one of the  chunks got reset (a 10 x 10 area of the map) vs. something going wrong with the car database. If the folder exists, it'll have both the backed up chunks and the error(s) that prevented it from working.

Thanks for the reply.

There is no blam folder. There is only two within the save:

isoregiondata

radio

While the door was locked, the blood splats on the ground and wall were still there on the inside, and the pile of zombies was maybe 2 car lengths away from the car is still there. I went upstairs and the doors I opened are still opened. I don't know how the game really works, but if that local chunk got reset, would not these thing be gone as well?