[Build 41] Moving slowly while aiming/readying weapon/ is annoying as hell...

laramsche

Is it intentional that we now move at crouching speed when aiming/readying weapon/looking around?

If so, it is really frustrating and unrealistic. Who would go at a snails pace while facing a group of zombies? It doesn't make sense. Backing off from, or approaching zeds at a snails pace during combat is foolish and goes completely against any sort of common sense. Besides, to go faster, we just have to leave the combat stance, which makes the speed reduction during aiming kinda... pointless, doesn't it?

Also, if this was implemented to add up the challenge, it doesn't work. If anything, it rather feels as if the player is intentionally crippled to make single zeds (or smaller groups) more challenging, without actually being more challenging. Once I adapted to the new controls, I handle single zeds (and smaller groups) just as easily as in the previous builds. That's another point that makes this weird speed reduction during aiming pointless, right?

Besides, is it not the general idea of zombies, that they are dangerous in larger groups, and not so much in smaller groups?

However, the most frustrating thing about this is, when I just want to look around to check my surroundings, it not only puts me into combat stance, but apparently also into sneak mode at a snails pace. I am not expecting to be able to run or sprint while looking around/aiming, but ordinary walking speed should be appropriate, right? Besides, since we have a crouch button now, to turn on/off sneak mode, shouldn't this also affect movement speed during aiming? Like:

Aiming + crouching = slow movement speed.

Aiming + not crouching = normal movement speed.

And lastly, If you guys want to add more difficulty, please consider alternatives. As example, I observed lots of open space on the current map, there are usually enough ways to get away from zeds. Why not moving buildings a little closer to each other, adding more obstacles, creating more narrow spaces/alleyways that potentially could lead into dead ends, adding more opportunities for the zeds to box in players? How about rough terrain? Like, urban tiles (concrete/sidewalk tiles and such) pose less risk of tripping/slipping, while wilderness tiles (grass/dirt tiles and such) pose a higher risk of tripping/slipping...

...I am sure there are more ways to add more difficulty instead of messing around with the controls.