question for the veterans of the game

Kalista

I'm just wondering how you make a rooftop garden in this game. I tried having a shovel and a sack in my inventory and right clicking the ground to try to fill it but unable to in B41 and I want to know if I'm doing it incorrectly or if this is a bug for the beta and if i need to post a bug report there.

1 hour ago, CaptKaspar said:

I haven’t played the new IWBUMS (plan to tonight), but sounds like it might be a bug.

Make sure the sack of dirt is in your main inventory and not in your backpack. Also it might be worth trying to empty the sack and filling it with fresh dirt. 

Thats the thing iI've had an empty sack in my main inv with a shovel and never got the option to fill the bag when clicking on the ground I'll toy with it more and prob make a bug report.

4 hours ago, Kalista said:

I'm just wondering how you make a rooftop garden in this game. I tried having a shovel and a sack in my inventory and right clicking the ground to try to fill it but unable to in B41 and I want to know if I'm doing it incorrectly or if this is a bug for the beta and if i need to post a bug report there.

There is no fill sack? First is the sack empty? Make sure it has nothing in it. Put the correct shovel type in your primary slot since there are two types of shovels unfortunately.

The option should be take dirt. 

38 minutes ago, Krumple said:

There is no fill sack? First is the sack empty? Make sure it has nothing in it. Put the correct shovel type in your primary slot since there are two types of shovels unfortunately.

The option should be take dirt. 

Bag empty and in my main inventory shovel as well only options on right click is dig grave and dig ( for sowing seeds) no gather dirt. Got a feeling its indeed a b41 bug just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing anything wrong or was hoping someone else may of ran into it.

1 hour ago, Kalista said:

Bag empty and in my main inventory shovel as well only options on right click is dig grave and dig ( for sowing seeds) no gather dirt. Got a feeling its indeed a b41 bug just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing anything wrong or was hoping someone else may of ran into it.

I'm going to check. There are two types of shovels. I only have the weapon version, so I need to get the dirt digging one.

EDIT* Yep I just ran to the hardware store and got the pointy tipped shovel. I had the straight nose one which is the weapon. The pointy nose/tip shovel is the one you need to dig dirt. You right click the ground, you'll see the option "Take dirt" when you have a sack in your inventory.

I was searching the forum for this before making a bug report... I am also using the squared shovel and unable to take dirt, so I guess that's the problem.

IMO If the shovel can dig a grave then it should also be able to "take dirt" but not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight.

Archived