Game Hangs - Build 41.15

zombie57

Good Evening !

Quick bug report - when I try to run a game it hangs at the Loading point and with the marked last entry in the console.

Please ignore the the lines below - that was simply when I resized the screen for the screen shot.

Game just will not start no matter what I do.

If you need me to test anything please shout.

Thank you.crash.thumb.png.6591542660b6904d1a2fd663ba3c801c.png

Thank you both for the quick response - caught me just as I was done for the night !

To confirm, I am set to English ( United Kingdom ) and I do have the sqlite-jbdc-3.27.2.1.jar in the Project Zomboid folder.

I had uninstalled, reinstalled and then selected the iwanttobackupmysave beta to see if it was legacy files that were not overwritten.  This all came down fresh on the 21st of this month.

Thanks again both for the initial support - won't see this until tomorrow evening now - but screen shots below to confirm your questions.

29 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

What language is your computer set to?

image.png.bb54fbcb1ddb8096bac07ba7170113e4.png

18 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Based on the line numbers it looks like you may have an old sqlite.jar file.

Can you see if there is a file called sqlite-jdbc-3.27.2.1.jar in the Project Zomboid folder?

image.png.fc6fa04c29acf8e0b2001ef87cba8dbb.png

4 hours ago, zombie57 said:

No problem, here you go...

console.txt 25.99 kB · 2 downloads

Current thinking is it's your antivirus targeting the file. You may want to try just disabling it temporarily and see if that lets you play.

We'll try moving it to the game's main install dir in the next update, though. Might avoid the issue for others. 

16 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Current thinking is it's your antivirus targeting the file. You may want to try just disabling it temporarily and see if that lets you play.

We'll try moving it to the game's main install dir in the next update, though. Might avoid the issue for others. 

Fixed it !

You got me thinking when you said about the anti-virus, it was not that - but the key is permissions.

If I browsed to S:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and right clicked on the .exe and ran as Administrator - it worked - perfectly.

Thank you for your support.