People With Aiming Issues Test

lemmy101

I've just had reports from a chap on our discord with aiming issues, primarily this:

The zero point of character's facing doesn't seem to be aligned properly with the character's head, his mouse cursor doesn't correlate to the angle he has to have the mouse to aim at zombies heads. e.g. at 21 seconds in his mouse is behind the character's head, meaning the character should have turned around to face the opposite direction. Not something I've seen before and I wonder if others are having this issue. It should be like this:

His stream's aspect seems squashed, which made me think it was a resolution issue, but I've tried every possible aspect and mine works fine. Can anyone else report similar issues? Curious if there's a more widespread issue that may explain a few people's frustrations at combat?

If so info on screen resolution and any other things that may affect things would be much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Josko said:

After looking at both videos Im still not sure exactly what the issue is, the combat in first video looks great and I can't recall any issues with combat really ^_^

his mouse cursor doesn't correlate to the angle he has to have the mouse to aim at zombies heads. e.g. at 21 seconds in his mouse is behind the character's head, meaning the character should have turned around to face the opposite direction as it does in the second vid as soon as the mouse moves through to the rear of the character's head.

19 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

his mouse cursor doesn't correlate to the angle he has to have the mouse to aim at zombies heads. e.g. at 21 seconds in his mouse is behind the character's head, meaning the character should have turned around to face the opposite direction as it does in the second vid as soon as the mouse moves through to the rear of the character's head.

Oh! Ah ha! Now I see it. Well that has never happend to me, if I have my mouse cursor behind my character's head, he would look behind right away :P

Also is that mouse cursor some placeholder because it would look way better if it was some human hands rather than white pointy hands, also while aiming it would be nice if the mouse cursor would disappear (Could be an option, I just find the mouse cursor in the way when I'm meeleing and such)

4 minutes ago, Josko said:

Oh! Ah ha! Now I see it. Well that has never happend to me, if I have my mouse cursor behind my character's head, he would look behind right away :P

Also is that mouse cursor some placeholder because it would look way better if it was some human hands rather than white pointy hands, also while aiming it would be nice if the mouse cursor would disappear (Could be an option, I just find the mouse cursor in the way when I'm meeleing and such)

this thread isn't for discussing cursors :P

Maybe it's because he wasn't recording on full screen? That may have bugged the cursor in the recorder. I've seen a lot of videos where people's cursors were misaligned, but still played like nothing ever happened. I've seen it many times on gameplays, where they select items in the inventory without having their cursor over the inventory screen.

6 minutes ago, axeladalidez78 said:

Maybe it's because he wasn't recording on full screen? That may have bugged the cursor in the recorder. I've seen a lot of videos where people's cursors were misaligned, but still played like nothing ever happened. I've seen it many times on gameplays, where they select items in the inventory without having their cursor over the inventory screen.

He obviously experienced the same thing playing since he reported it specifically that he was having trouble aiming in-game with it. I wasn't in fullscreen either, and he posted his options and I mirrored his resolution and other settings and it worked fine for me.

5 minutes ago, Icy Motto said:

I think I might have this issue, but can't test it as power is out lol. If needed I'll try recording a video of it.

that'd be super handy! If you confirm you have problem we can hopefully figure out what's making it happen for you

Turns out the issue that streamer above was actually reporting was different to what I saw in the clip and he was talking about jaw stab effectiveness being dependant on aiming angle, not aiming angle compared to mouse cursor, which means its technically possible the vod doesn't represent what was happening to him in-game as axeladalidez78 said. Do let me know if this turns out to be an issue but I'm suspicious that this is an issue now as I reported in this thread.

Try to attack a spot behind the character as fast as possible.

Expected behaviour: Character turns & attacks asap, hitting the spot you're actually targeting.

Actual behaviour: Character turns slower than usual and misses the targeted spot - and then you'll get bitten. Sigh.

Not sure if this happens with all weapons, I've mostly tested it with axes & long blunts. 

8 hours ago, ZombiesLoveBrainiacs said:

Try to attack a spot behind the character as fast as possible.

Expected behaviour: Character turns & attacks asap, hitting the spot you're actually targeting.

Actual behaviour: Character turns slower than usual and misses the targeted spot - and then you'll get bitten. Sigh.

Not sure if this happens with all weapons, I've mostly tested it with axes & long blunts. 

Yeah, the character swings the way he faces, if you press attack before he can turn then he'll miss. Maybe this could be addressed, he could keep turning during the attack or hold off the swing until he faces the cursor or something..

Though I'm not saying this didn't screw me over a couple times but I feel like this is also a matter of getting used to it, it's up to you to give time for him to turn. And if you don't have time you can shove zombies even if they're right behind you. 

Archived