IWBUMS 41.15 RELEASED

lemmy101

Survivor (Brawler) Is still ridicilous. Still Insane amount of zombies, I find it much harder than Apocalypse (Survivor).

I feel that the sheer amount of extra zombies makes the better combat non-existent. Where ever I go, there is a huge horde of zombies, not even with the Katana am I gonna be able to dispatch them.

Zombie population should only be slightly more than Apocalypse (Survivor) in my opinion. Because I just find myself constantly running because there is too much zombies :(

Zombie population is an issue for me already for years. It's either not enough and the game gets boring quick, or it's too much and you don't stand a chance at all. What is needed - imo - is more variation here. Give the player a phase of OMG and a phase of peace. Zombie migration could play a role in that - just let a huge horde traverse the map from left to right and if the player gets stuck in them, so be it, he has to deal with it (or wait it out, in his fort, if the food supplies allow for it), yadda-yadda.

/Edit: To add to that... For me it's just too predictable right now. The way zombie respawn, etc. works ... the moment I see huge hordes of zombies, I know that we are nearing the max population arc and from now on, that's what I will have to deal with. It's annoying, boring, tedious, no surprises anymore.

It's even worse with fixed spawn points: In my last game in build 40, every two or three days, huge hordes respawned on exactly the same place and I had to lure them away / kill them. This is what I mean with lack of variation. You see it once, you know it'll always be like that.

Edited by Lexx2k

8 minutes ago, Lexx2k said:

Zombie population is an issue to me already for years. It's either not enough and the game gets boring quick, or it's too much and you don't stand a chance at all. What is needed - imo - is more variation here. Give the player a phase of OMG and a phase of peace. Zombie migration could play a role in that - just let a huge horde traverse the map from left to right and if the player gets stuck in them, so be it, he has to deal with it (or wait it out, in his fort, if the food supplies allow for it), yadda-yadda.

/Edit: To add to that... For me it's just too predictable right now. The way zombie respawn, etc. works ... the moment I see huge hordes of zombies, I know that we are nearing the max population arc and from now on, that's what I will have to deal with. It's annoying, boring, tedious, no surprises anymore.

It's even worse with fixed spawn points: In my last game in build 40, every two or three days, huge hordes respawned on exactly the same place and I had to lure them away / kill them. This is what I mean with lack of variation. You see it once, you know it'll always be like that.

I agree to this to an extent. But I don't think reworking Zed Ai will be anytime soon, but I would also like this in the future. 

1 hour ago, Lexx2k said:

Zombie population is an issue for me already for years. It's either not enough and the game gets boring quick, or it's too much and you don't stand a chance at all. What is needed - imo - is more variation here. Give the player a phase of OMG and a phase of peace. Zombie migration could play a role in that - just let a huge horde traverse the map from left to right and if the player gets stuck in them, so be it, he has to deal with it (or wait it out, in his fort, if the food supplies allow for it), yadda-yadda.

I've actually made a rediculously long post on my findings when experimenting with the zombie spawn system and I've come to the conclusion that adding just two settings, which could be very easy to implement, will greatly improve your control over how you want to ramp up and/or down. And that is something like Halfway Population Multiplier and Halfway Population Day that function pretty much in the same way as Peak Population Multiplier and Peak Population Day, but you can set those somewhere in between the start and Peak Day.

Add something a little harder to implement like an Ignore Respawn Unseen Hours Hours (yeah how you define these things might need some naming work) with a high threshold and you'll be able to make sure that a cell keeps firing respawns during this period and afterwards still have a high Respawn Unseen Hours (like 3 months or something) so you can actually clear the zombies from cells later in the game and not end up with a ghost town in the beginning.

I go in a lot more detail in my post but it still has to be approved by a mod (as does this post, so when you read this I guess my other post will also be approved and you can find it in the General Discussion. Fair warning: it's a daunting read that by virtue of all the parameters I've tried to understand and describe also can be rather confusing.)

Edit: Yay approved, here it is

Edited by DeltaVee

Man I can't play Zomboid anymore. I have been dying for hours over and over, It is just too hard. Apocalypse shit combat can't do anything and die. Survivial too many zombies and can't do anything either. In both modes it's just run forest run. Not fun at all. 

I guess I will have to stick to Sandbox, I suppose Apocalypse and Survivor isn't for me then. 

5 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

- Reduced the delay after climbing through a window or over a fence before the player can move.

Thanks for all the hard work coming out with these patches lemmy, this animation update was certainly worth the wait. :D

2 hours ago, Josko said:

Man I can't play Zomboid anymore. I have been dying for hours over and over, It is just too hard. Apocalypse shit combat can't do anything and die. Survivial too many zombies and can't do anything either. In both modes it's just run forest run. Not fun at all. 

I guess I will have to stick to Sandbox, I suppose Apocalypse and Survivor isn't for me then. 

are you sure you're on latest patch? Survivor should have same zombie counts as b40?

EDIT: Oh fuck, stupid 'advanced spawning' options overriding default zombie numbers. Patching! Give it an hour or so and you should have b40 level zombies on Survivor, sorry for the inconvenience!

16 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

are you sure you're on latest patch? Survivor should have same zombie counts as b40?

EDIT: Oh fuck, stupid 'advanced spawning' options overriding default zombie numbers. Patching! Give it an hour or so and you should have b40 level zombies on Survivor, sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks lemmy! You are the best <3

And yes I was playing on latest patch, always. Cheers!

32 minutes ago, Josko said:

Thanks lemmy! You are the best <3

And yes I was playing on latest patch, always. Cheers!

That's been pushed out sneaky like (since it was meant to be in last build) grab latest update, see how it plays now should be just right.

5 hours ago, Josko said:

I kind of feel the same way. I use Sandbox mode exclusively to make the game playable. I know day 1 starts are supposed to be friggin' insanely hard and zombies are at their toughest and fastest since they have yet to rot over time, but how in God's zombified Earth am I supposed to make for any length of time, even in theory? Even the farmhouses out in the middle of nowhere have tons of zombies. I feel like survival is now a matter of winning the Zomboid lottery, only 1 in 10 attempts can ever succeed past day 14. The only way you can even create a base (and by base I mean a temporary safe zone to sleep in) is to clear zombies out around it, but good luck finding a decent place that isn't swarming with too many to conceivably fight anymore. Even five of them are too much to fight right now if they're clumped together, so you spend almost the entire time running, running, running, constantly crouched down but not even able to sneak effectively due to the sheer number of zombies who see you anyway, desperately trying to find a place to sleep. Combat is simply unfeasible, I might as well be Daniel from Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

This is even more apparent on survivor mode because there are a comically large amount of zombies. Now sneaking is out of the question too. You're supposed to be able to fight them, but Survivor is nowhere close to Build 40's balance. 

If you don't know the map already, how are you supposed to survive a day 1 start now? I can only think of the programming and design nightmare that will eventually hit the dev team when they try to implement NPCs to the game's new balance and find that none of them survive past their first few days, since they'll just be running around avoiding zombies that are -everywhere-, unable to actually fight them, eventually dying of thirst. 

Death is the only possible end for your character, and I understand that's the point, but I never get the death I had in mind. I never die gloriously in some dramatic last stand, I never build a base and lose it due to a zombie horde, I never have to deal with new and interesting challenges like the water and electricity shutoff and lack of food forcing me to take risks. Instead I just get killed due to dull and irritating reasons before I feel like I even get started. I guess that's the intention of Apocalypse and Survivor mode—do you want to die in 7 days due to exposure and fatigue, or do you want to die in 7 days due to exposure and fatigue while also having killed a few more zombies along the way? Sandbox mode is basically the only choice I feel is appropriate, and if NPCs are implemented, this is the only mode I can foresee actually allowing me to live long enough to interact with them.

The next update, hunting—I don't get it. If the philosophy is that you are extremely lucky to survive past your own first few days, why implement all of these systems that can only be used when you've set up a base? Obviously you need a place to store the deer carcasses and meat, so you can only ever actually partake in hunting after you've 'made it.' Just seems contradictory to the 'dying simulator' PZ supposedly is meant to be.

I've made posts describing why I want some more defensive capabilities for my own character, I'm not going to repeat it, but I'm close to wanting to put down the game for another six months until they release the next update (if it even gets done by then). Something just doesn't feel right anymore. I think PZ is turning into the kind of game I feared it would turn into years ago, which was a game that utterly punishes you for attempting to play it, sucking up your time and then not giving enjoyment back. 

Edited by Neonwarrior

10 minutes ago, Neonwarrior said:

Even five of them are too much to fight right now if they're clumped together

Even while playing cautiously, I’ll see a group of 2-3 and think “yeah, I should be able to take these guys on,” then I find myself making a new character. Though, most of my frustration is coming from the new character movement. Like I’ll go to shove and straight up miss, then I’m bitten. Or go to do one of these wild, momentum building pivots to get the guy behind me and then it’s too late. 

Intersting point you brought up about NPCs just being killed off. That shit would be hilarious, but I kind of assume NPCs will have some sort of handicap. Little off topic, but I read the AI in Oblivion had to be tuned down hardcore because the devs would find NPCs dead because they were doing shit like committing crimes if they ran out of food. 

35 minutes ago, Neonwarrior said:

I kind of feel the same way. I use Sandbox mode exclusively to make the game playable. I know day 1 starts are supposed to be friggin' insanely hard and zombies are at their toughest and fastest since they have yet to rot over time, but how in God's zombified Earth am I supposed to make for any length of time, even in theory? Even the farmhouses out in the middle of nowhere have tons of zombies. I feel like survival is now a matter of winning the Zomboid lottery, only 1 in 10 attempts can ever succeed past day 14. The only way you can even create a base (and by base I mean a temporary safe zone to sleep in) is to clear zombies out around it, but good luck finding a decent place that isn't swarming with too many to conceivably fight anymore. Even five of them are too much to fight right now if they're clumped together, so you spend almost the entire time running, running, running, constantly crouched down but not even able to sneak effectively due to the sheer number of zombies who see you anyway, desperately trying to find a place to sleep. Combat is simply unfeasible, I might as well be Daniel from Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

This is even more apparent on survivor mode because there are a comically large amount of zombies. Now sneaking is out of the question too. You're supposed to be able to fight them, but Survivor is nowhere close to Build 40's balance. 

If you don't know the map already, how are you supposed to survive a day 1 start now? I can only think of the programming and design nightmare that will eventually hit the dev team when they try to implement NPCs to the game's new balance and find that none of them survive past their first few days, since they'll just be running around avoiding zombies that are -everywhere-, unable to actually fight them, eventually dying of thirst. 

Death is the only possible end for your character, and I understand that's the point, but I never get the death I had in mind. I never die gloriously in some dramatic last stand, I never build a base and lose it due to a zombie horde, I never have to deal with new and interesting challenges like the water and electricity shutoff and lack of food forcing me to take risks. Instead I just get killed due to dull and irritating reasons before I feel like I even get started. I guess that's the intention of Apocalypse and Survivor mode—do you want to die in 7 days due to exposure and fatigue, or do you want to die in 7 days due to exposure and fatigue while also having killed a few more zombies along the way? Sandbox mode is basically the only choice I feel is appropriate, and if NPCs are implemented, this is the only mode I can foresee actually allowing me to live long enough to interact with them.

The next update, hunting—I don't get it. If the philosophy is that you are extremely lucky to survive past your own first few days, why implement all of these systems that can only be used when you've set up a base? Obviously you need a place to store the deer carcasses and meat, so you can only ever actually partake in hunting after you've 'made it.' Just seems contradictory to the 'dying simulator' PZ supposedly is meant to be.

I've made posts describing why I want some more defensive capabilities for my own character, I'm not going to repeat it, but I'm close to wanting to put down the game for another six months until they release the next update (if it even gets done by then). Something just doesn't feel right anymore. I think PZ is turning into the kind of game I feared it would turn into years ago, which was a game that utterly punishes you for attempting to play it, sucking up your time and then not giving enjoyment back. 

I know that Apocalypse (i am seriously going to miss the Survival name, its just perfect) is very damn hard right now in B41, but you can manage just fine, right now i am living on the edge of Riverwood for around 14 days with around 210 zombie kills, i just kill when i have the upper hand, never underestimate more than 2 zombies, sneak about everywhere, never use vehicles unless you are going for a long haul (warehouses outside town, another town) and barricade the base windows with furniture on the sides so they cant get in at night, use guns to clear a sector you want to loot using sound as bait and a whole lot of tactics you can use to survive longer than 3 days.

Overall i am seriously damn loving this update, i cant believe they pulled off the wait of 2 years (almost 3 or 3) and it rekindled my almost eternal love for Zomboid, making me remember when i played it for the first time in the OG map and i was scared to leave the house, i cant wait to see how hard the game becomes once NPCs start looting too and you have wild life hunting you down too. 

As for PZ begin punishing, you can play Brawler and Builder or Sandbox to enjoy the game, one tip i gave to a friend who couldn't make it to day 4 was to play on Sandbox on the hardest difficulty but to turn off zombification, so you can learn from your mistakes without losing everything and so far he has made to day 9 in now Apocalypse.

Edited by Blasted_Taco

1 minute ago, Blasted_Taco said:

To be honest, how long have you played? I know that Apocalypse (i am seriously going to miss the Survival name, its just perfect) is very damn hard right now in B41, but you can manage just fine, right now i am living on the edge of Riverwood for around 14 days with around 210 zombie kills, i just kill when i have the upper hand, never underestimate more than 2 zombies, sneak about everywhere, never use vehicles unless you are going for a long haul (warehouses outside town, another town) and barricade the base with furniture the windows sides so they cant get in at night, use guns to clear a sector you want to loot using sound as bait and a whole lot of tactics you can use to survive longer than 3 days.

Overall i am seriously damn loving this update, i cant believe they pulled off the wait of 2 years (almost 3 or 3) and it rekindled my almost eternal love for Zomboid, making me remember when i played it for the first time in the OG map and i was scared to leave the house, i cant wait to see how hard the game becomes once NPCs start looting too and you have wild life hunting you down too. 

As for PZ begin punishing, you can play Brawler and Builder or Sandbox to enjoy the game, one tip i gave to a friend who couldn't make it to day 4 was to play on Sandbox on the hardest difficulty but to turn off zombification, so you can learn from your mistakes without losing everything and so far he has made it to day 9 in now Apocalypse.

I've played since the 1.5d tech demo in 2011, I probably have about 200 combined hours. Most of my games in previous updates ended with boredom, and yes, I've gone months and months and made huge bases with carpentry and metalcrafting in build 40-. 

I know it's possible to survive, because you can always get lucky and find a place that isn't infested. But are you using the PZ map website to find the perfect base spot to book it to every time? If yes, then I don't consider that true gameplay, because you had a meta strategy in mind. I try to play organically, and I only use the PZ map to locate myself in the very beginning of the game (if I do survival challenges which don't let you choose your spawn location). Yet it always requires luck to find a house, or a farm, that is not infested—in my ten hours of this update, every regular spot I go to simply has too many zombies to feasibly get rid of. 

I'm curious as to what lemmy would think of your 210 zombie kills around day 14, since he's led me to believe that he does not want you surviving that long on Apocalypse, having killed that many zombies, in just two weeks. He just said this a little while ago:

8 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

Not sure what's confusing about it? Apocalypse you're not expected to have a long lifespan so don't expect to be making zombie forts and farming and living through the winter. Survival you may be able to see the late game.

You're not even supposed to make it through winter. It feels like you're actually too successful, and my experience is the -intended- one, rather than yours. You must have gotten incredibly lucky finding guns and shelter so quickly. What are your thoughts on this?

I've been really enjoying the new build so far, massive kudos to all the devs! 

Only a couple issues I had in my playtime so far: The pharmacy in Riverside seems to have items you'd find in a gas station/convenience store, and no medical items. Also the big 2-story bar in Riverside has an outdoor deck on its 2nd level, which is missing its floor. this structure:image.thumb.png.1eca2b347e77f234e5fc9b0f4d8700f1.png

Lemmy, the new name for Survival—Apocalypse—and the new name for Brawler—Survivor—can you tell me if this represents a change in intentions for which difficulty is meant to be the *true* PZ experience? I thought Survival, now Apocalypse, was supposed to be closer to your original visions, but your previous statement about how Apocalypse is not meant to be survivable long-term leads me to believe that the new Survivor mode is actually the intended *true* PZ experience. How do you all intend to balance these out in the future? If long term play is not intended, then why add long-term survival systems like farming, metalworking, and hunting? Is an Apocalypse survivor (I mean a survivor in Apocalypse difficulty...) not meant to use these systems? Because if they do, it sounds to me like long-term survival is a very real possibility for an Apocalypse survivor who manages to survive their first few weeks.

Which leads me to challenges, like A Storm is Coming, and the endless fog one, and others. I'd really like these modes to be tweakable in sandbox options. No matter what I do in the sandbox option sliders, I cannot make it rain as much as in the A Storm is Coming challenge, and I can't play them in Survivor mode either. I'm locked to Apocalypse and I'd like if I could change that.

I'm not sure what you did, but the game is working very well for me now...I had only one issue after a few hours, and that was that some context menus wouldn't close for me, but otherwise, BRAVO! I can actually play the game now. 

One test remains for me, and that is to see if the save loads when I get home from work tomorrow.

51 minutes ago, Neonwarrior said:

Lemmy, the new name for Survival—Apocalypse—and the new name for Brawler—Survivor—can you tell me if this represents a change in intentions for which difficulty is meant to be the *true* PZ experience?

Try imagining the real zombie apocalypse for a moment, imagine 4 full grown adults who don't give a damn about pain, can only be stopped by smashing their head into a pulp trying to grab you and eat you. Would you fight them ? Would you win that fight ?

Let's be real, the answer is no, and that's what the "apocalypse" difficulty is all about. It's about being scared !

Sandbox is there if that's not fun for you, and there is nothing wrong with that !

I don't play the hardest difficulty in rimworld because what I like is story and base building, not killboxes. Zomboid just like rimworld are not competitive games, the only point is to have fun, make your own fun !

I am just saying that I have seen a few of your posts around and you seem frustrated because you wanna play the game "the way it's meant to be played by the Devs" but at the same time you don't have fun doing so.

The Devs made a sandbox game with a plethora of options to tweak the experience and mods to boot, to make it so everyone can have fun, no matter if it's by mowing thousands of zombies with automatic silenced weapons and grenades, or living like a cockroach, hiding in the deepest parts of the woods, dreading the day the hordes finally catches up with you. No one but yourself is gonna judge you for the way you play this game ! Have fun !

57 minutes ago, Lixo said:

Try imagining the real zombie apocalypse for a moment, imagine 4 full grown adults who don't give a damn about pain, can only be stopped by smashing their head into a pulp trying to grab you and eat you. Would you fight them ? Would you win that fight ?

Let's be real, the answer is no, and that's what the "apocalypse" difficulty is all about. It's about being scared !

Sandbox is there if that's not fun for you, and there is nothing wrong with that !

I don't play the hardest difficulty in rimworld because what I like is story and base building, not killboxes. Zomboid just like rimworld are not competitive games, the only point is to have fun, make your own fun !

I am just saying that I have seen a few of your posts around and you seem frustrated because you wanna play the game "the way it's meant to be played by the Devs" but at the same time you don't have fun doing so.

The Devs made a sandbox game with a plethora of options to tweak the experience and mods to boot, to make it so everyone can have fun, no matter if it's by mowing thousands of zombies with automatic silenced weapons and grenades, or living like a cockroach, hiding in the deepest parts of the woods, dreading the day the hordes finally catches up with you. No one but yourself is gonna judge you for the way you play this game ! Have fun !

It's not about difficulty options. Like I said in one of my other posts, there is no difficulty option that 'makes the game easier' that I could play and enjoy, for where my complaints lie is in what my character cannot do, no matter what numbers the difficulty option tweaks in the background. I'm not looking for a power fantasy to be able to kill a zombie with a single swing of a rolling pin, or shove back a whole horde of zombies with a single shove, and hell no it isn't mowing down hordes of zombies with machine guns. It's mostly about artificial restriction related to animations.

I've self reflected on whether or not my vision of making PZ fun coincides with the developers', and mostly I think we have the same vision. I complain a lot, but only because I truly want PZ to become the 'ultimate zombie survival game' of my childhood dreams. I believe there are nuances that can be introduced to keep zombies dangerous but also empower the player, and the developers can introduce these into the game steadily as they keep upgrading the engine and introducing new animations.  I understand the fact that this is a video game that cannot truly simulate human movement, reactions, and physical combat, in a truly realistic sense (unless you're planning to port the game to the Euphoria engine ala Red Dead Redemption), thus artificial limitations are set onto both player characters and zombies themselves. 

Where I disagree with the developers is where exactly these limitations should be inserted into the game's combat system. I'm on board with the developers for every survival element they want to implement. I adore games that require you to eat, drink, sleep, and take care of yourself, in order to survive, but I can't agree with artificial restrictions on player movement and defense, for example, that have been introduced by the nature of the animation update. It's not because I want zombies to behave differently or be easier to kill, but rather that the player cannot handle them in a way I can reasonably believe they should.

I was fine with the way combat was before, simply because I understood it was a placeholder for a much better system including new animations. Now those animations are here, and it is not what I expected it would be at all. I thought new animations would empower the player to handle zombies in a different way, like kicking and pushing and stiff-arming your way past a few zombies without this insta-grab thing they do right now that requires you to shove them off or you die. Killing zombies is besides the point; I just want to be able to -move- like I feel I should, especially when playing a stronger character who has survived for a period of time. I feel artificially restricted in movement, and I know it could also be completely fixed simply by adding in many new animations for player characters.

I think one of the worst offenders right now is that you cannot shove more than one zombie at a time on Apocalypse difficulty. But perhaps shoving up to three zombies at once like in Survivor is too much. What about two zombies, then? Or what about up to three, but only if your character is really strong? The amount of zombies you can shove at once is absolutely a game changer, and I feel like reducing it to just one is the #1 thing that drives the difficulty through the roof right now. At the *very* least, I expect zombies to obey the laws of physics and get shoved backwards when another zombie pushes into them, for example shoving one zombie into a small group and watching the ones that came into contact with the stumbling zombie themselves stumble backwards a bit.

I've enjoyed PZ just fine for many years now, anticipating every update and every content drop, up until this recent update changed things around. If things stay this way, they could introduce the entire continent as a playable area and all of the NPCs and military outposts and meta-events that they want, and I would *still* hate the fact that my character is locked into place by just about every offensive/defensive action he can possibly take when facing zombies, of which there are only two, to either left click (pausing to gather strength) or spam space bar with no thought of movement or grappling in mind due to *balance* issues that this ostensibly brings. 

Edited by Neonwarrior

13 minutes ago, Neonwarrior said:

I thought new animations would empower the player to handle zombies in a different way, like kicking and pushing and stiff-arming your way past a few zombies without this insta-grab thing they do right now that requires you to shove them off or you die.

That is the thing, to me you can not do that in a realistic setting. Humans are very good at grabbing and holding onto things. You wouldn't be able to stiff-arm your way through a few zombies blocking your way "in real life" without getting scratched/bitten. I think the new update has a very nice way of showing that THESE THINGS WANT TO EAT YOU and if you give them the chance, they will.

For the kicks and everything, it is interesting but same thing, if I kick someone in real life and am not trained to do so in the proper way, and if the person I am kicking doesn't give a shit about pain, they might just grab my leg, and again : game over.

I just really love the realism of it all !

The idea of the shoving efficiency being tied with the strength stat is a wonderful one !

Also I am sure as soon as the clothing modding tools are released we will have armours and duct tapped magazines in the game and you will then be able to shrug off the scratches zombies give you when you bump into them.

24 minutes ago, Lixo said:

That is the thing, to me you can not do that in a realistic setting. Humans are very good at grabbing and holding onto things. You wouldn't be able to stiff-arm your way through a few zombies blocking your way "in real life" without getting scratched/bitten. I think the new update has a very nice way of showing that THESE THINGS WANT TO EAT YOU and if you give them the chance, they will.

For the kicks and everything, it is interesting but same thing, if I kick someone in real life and am not trained to do so in the proper way, and if the person I am kicking doesn't give a shit about pain, they might just grab my leg, and again : game over.

I just really love the realism of it all !

The idea of the shoving efficiency being tied with the strength stat is a wonderful one !

Also I am sure as soon as the clothing modding tools are released we will have armours and duct tapped magazines in the game and you will then be able to shrug off the scratches zombies give you when you bump into them.

Okay, humans are good at grabbing and holding onto things, but zombies are not. They can't even figure out how to open doors, can't swing weapons at you, and I doubt they'd be able to just be able to grab your leg mid-kick and take you down like some pro UFC fighter, man. They can't even climb waist high fences without flopping over the edge and falling on their face. I think you overestimate the power of a zombie. I was more talking about just as a way to give yourself some space, similar to a shove, rather than trying to take down a zombie with a kick to the head... which is stupid. 

Also, yes, I think scratches should be totally 100% preventable by armour. I'm wearing jeans right now and I can't even manage to scratch my leg with a finger, no matter how hard I press.

Edited by Neonwarrior

• nasKo unpinned this topic