IWBUMS 41.15 RELEASED

lemmy101

Lots of fixes in this one. Though big apologies to some of the crash people out there. We're really working at trying to solve your issues, and have tried a few things, but with no errors or crash traces being reported by the build, they are somewhat a mystery and hard to puzzle out. We likely haven't fixed everyone's issues, but we'll get to the bottom of it eventually and you're not being forgotten.

NEW
Renamed playstyles for clarity and to emphasise dev intent for how they should be played. Brawler becomes Survivor, Survivor becomes Apocalypse.
- Added anim-less transitions for sneakWalk -> strafe, sneakRun -> strafe, sneakWalkLow -> strafe, and sneakRunLow -> strafe
  - Eliminates the odd turning arc while transitioning to strafe.
- Removed strafeToWalk animation from strafeSneak -> walk/run/etc.
  - Reduces the amount the character jumps while transitioning from strafeSneak to said states.
- Implemented SFX for lower impact car collisions
- Added falling-zombie state.
- Added context-menu tooltip for opening/closing curtains to display keyboard and mouse shortcuts.
- Added VERSION=1 to keys.ini. Remap C to L when VERSION is not present or is less than 1.
- Added state transition from lunge to falling for zombies.
- Added climb over fence transition to falling (when there's no floor on the other side).
- Added Height map texture for puddles. This texture should increase performance when drawing puddles.
- Added Logs/ZombieSpawn.txt to record zombie spawns.  Should record zombies spawning inside of buildings, not so much outside.
BALANCE
- Toned down zombies and zombie spawns a little in Survivor (formerly Brawler)
- Reduced the delay after climbing through a window or over a fence before the player can move.
- temporarily disabled body temperature change to help people survive winter
- Made hit detection on body parts on downed zombies a little tad more generous
- Bare hands in multi hit can now shove up to 3 zombies - on Survivor mode (formerly Brawler)
ANIM AND MODEL CHANGES
-tweaked several turn anims
-reversed mccoy van logo
FIXES
- Fixed shoving the first zombie within range, rather than the closest zombie within range.
- Fixed incorrect path to Ambient Piano
- Attempted fix for Mac issues via rebuilt Mac 'lighting' libLighting.dylib
- Fixed zombification from tree scratches.
- Fixed RenderThread jobs sometimes being reported as finished before they are invoked.
- Fixed "Random" button in the Customize Character screen resetting the player's profession.
- Fixed molotovs and broken weapons not being removed from the player's hands.
- Fixed item icons on the ground being twice normal size when "Double sized textures" = No.
- Fixed issues saving the player to the vehicles.db database.
- Fixed unicode filenames are not supported by animation/model importer.
- Fixed not being able to open/close windows via the context menu when the player is already standing at the exact
 center of the square.
- Stopped zombies dragging down a god-mode player to their death.
- Lowered outside passenger positions of SportsCar (fixes a camera glitch).
- Rip Clothing and Craft Sheet Rope work on all selected items (if they're valid).
- Removed PerformanceSettings.modelsEnabled and PerformanceSettings.support3D.
- Lowered the number of asset-loading threads from 4 to 2 on systems with 4 or fewer hardware threads.
 i.e dual-core with hyperthreading, or quad-core without hyperthreading.
 - Fixed missing trait icons when using the Turkish locale. (Prone to Illness, Illiterate, etc).  Anything with a capital I.
- Double-clicking tutorial and playstyle labels in the new-game screen proceeds to the next screen.
- Fixed issues attacking while in a vehicle (infinite ammo, can't shove).
- Try to fix exceptions in ClimbThroughWindowState.  Don't store IsoWindow or IsoGridSquare in StateMachineParams since 
they may become invalid due to map scrolling (for zombies on the edge of the loaded area, not the player)
- Fixed lua error in DebugChunkStateUI
- Fixed displaying LMENU as LALT.  Display RMENU as RALT.
- Fixed clearing a keybind displays it with no name instead of NONE.
- Fixed some weirdness in the fastforward cancel when near zombies.
- Fixed items floating off the ground when dropped from inside a vehicle.
- Fixed multiplying generators after using "Equip in both hands".
- Set generator ConditionMax=100.
- Set some vehicle part ConditionMax=100.
- Fixed parenting the player's inventory to a zombie after a knife gets stuck in the zombie's head.
- Fixed Bare Hands not being counted as a favorite weapon, except when stomping.
- Fixed "Untie Hair" option being available for already-untied hair after loading a game.
- Fixed player not dying properly after falling.

Fantastic update. Thanks guys.

Also last line 

"...but we'll get to the bottom of it eventually and you're not being forgotten."

"You have not been forgotten" - General John McGrew

xP

Oh also Lemmy, Nolan helped me find a solution for the error that was occuring when making wrecks have car parts. They were basically nil according to game.

If you want to fix this (you don't have to, it's just a suggestion!), in Vehicles.lua do this at line 939:

if not (item == nil) then
            local conditionMultiply = 100/item:getConditionMax();
            item:setConditionMax(item:getConditionMax()*conditionMultiply);
            item:setCondition(item:getCondition()*conditionMultiply);
            end

Basically make those three lines with conditionMultiply inside an 'if'.

Should resolve any problems with car parts being nil (in mods mainly) and game shouldn't throw any errors in console now. I have tested this, it does not bring back the bug with low condition of tires and car parts.

Edited by Eggtooth

8 minutes ago, Eggtooth said:

"...but we'll get to the bottom of it eventually and you're not being forgotten."

"You have not been forgotten" - General John McGrew

xP

oh shit. F--- McGrew! F--- his lies!

Cal Fairweather is responsible for this mess.

Vote Mahoney.

Haven't played in a while, so I opted into playing the tutorial again and it seems that in this branch (for me at least) it soft locks during this stage in the tutorial. After killing the zombie outside the house.

1412496889_Screenshot(770).png.7af980a3781a5df88c545ed886edf8a2.png

Though there may already be more worthwhile issues to be fixed instead. Just thought it should be brought up at least. If for some reason though, I'm not doing something right with the tutorial, let me know.

9 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

Apocalypse is build 41 super tough zombies stealth balance

Survivor is build 40 more combat capable balance

So Apocalypse is more like the default new 41 experience and the default mode going forward and Survivor is the Brawler one? Gotcha

Couple quick bugs. Verified twice.

1.) Loading games of "apocalypse" difficulty still lists them as "survivor". "Survivor" is listed as "Fighter" in the Select Saved Game listing.

2.) When sneaking - The transition to standing still from Aiming to default animation is awkward, it does a little hop before kneeling down into the sneaking position. Instead of Aiming->Sneaking it is Aiming->Standing->Sneaking. This may be the fix the strange transition from before, but it could still use a bit of smoothing. If you need a video of this, please let me know. While strafing it is perfect, while standing not so much.

Loving all the things you guys do!

7 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

Haven't played in a while, so I opted into playing the tutorial again and it seems that in this branch (for me at least) it soft locks during this stage in the tutorial. After killing the zombie outside the house.

1412496889_Screenshot(770).png.7af980a3781a5df88c545ed886edf8a2.png

Though there may already be more worthwhile issues to be fixed instead. Just thought it should be brought up at least. If for some reason though, I'm not doing something right with the tutorial, let me know.

tutorial not had a moment's dev notice put on it, we talked of disabling it until we can fix it up but then forgot ;) we assumed anyone in iwbums probably already knows how to play the game

15 minutes ago, Peemore said:

The short/long lifespan part of the new playstyle descriptions is a little confusing to me, not sure what it means.

Not sure what's confusing about it? Apocalypse you're not expected to have a long lifespan so don't expect to be making zombie forts and farming and living through the winter. Survival you may be able to see the late game.

19 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

Not sure what's confusing about it? Apocalypse you're not expected to have a long lifespan so don't expect to be making zombie forts and farming and living through the winter. Survival you may be able to see the late game.

Ah ok, that's what I thought that it meant. Just wanted to make sure my character wasn't going to have a sudden heart attack after some time. Two months in on apocalypse so far... we'll see if I can make it through the winter. Loving the update by the way, you guys are the best.

3 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

- Fixed parenting the player's inventory to a zombie after a knife gets stuck in the zombie's head.

This was a bug!? I always thought that the knives getting stuck on the Zed heads was a rather interesting way of balancing the ol' one-hit-neck-stab kill method. I mean, it seemed reasonable that the knife could slip from your hands. Or did I misunderstood something?

• nasKo unpinned this topic