Conecting washing machines

Pep

I just moved a washing machine to my base, but after installing it the game tells me that it needs some kind of water outlet to work (I'm playing in Spanish, so I don't know if "water outlet" is the term used ingame). Any help with this? Thanks!

Is the power/electricity still on?

I haven't got to it yet, but either way you may need a wrench in your main inventory and then right click the machine and choose "plumb"

I'm basing this off the fact that you can "plumb" a kitchen sink to a water barrel that is located 1 floor above the sink (and off to the side by 1 tile, can't be directly above the sink). Then you "plumb" the sink with a wrench and presto, you have a working sink! Same may apply to washing machines but I haven't got to that just yet in my game :)

edit: note for anyone who doesn't know, if the sink is pre-existing, you need to uninstall and reinstall it for this to work. It also needs to be in a fully enclosed building with walls/roof/door. Not sure yet about pre-existing washers that have never been moved

34 minutes ago, kosh401 said:

I'm basing this off the fact that you can "plumb" a kitchen sink to a water barrel that is located 1 floor above the sink (and off to the side by 1 tile, can't be directly above the sink). Then you "plumb" the sink with a wrench and presto, you have a working sink! Same may apply to washing machines but I haven't got to that just yet in my game

Yes, this works with the washing machine as well.

Archived