SabitaUsagi

No textures on Player or Zombie models, OSX version[Build 41]

3 hours ago, SabitaUsagi said:

I mean honestly I was planning on a GTX 1080. Mini-ITx Board with a Ryzen 3 CPU. But i'm not planning on building a Mac so the driver issue probably won't be a factor.

I feel you man. I love my Mac and game on it all the time. Couldn’t find a better computer than that for me lol. 

Got the rather battle-worn and scared iMac with the NVidia 650M on Friday.

tl;dr: I was wrong about the VRAM requirement, as at least for the 330M-750M, all these nVidias are mobile chipsets. They use memory sharing to get around the 256-512MB of RAM they have available. So that shouldn't matter so long as the system has enough RAM otherwise to run the game and the OS.

Still not sure what the problem is, but it looks like the base color of either the shirt or character's skin (if nude) is applied to the entire character model. There's also some flickering on the model when certain shaders are enabled.  Don't necessarily think it's a compression issue, as it seemed to work correctly for floor tiles, when enabled. 

So we'll have a good play with the thing over the next week or so, and see where we get. :)

4 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

tl;dr: I was wrong about the VRAM requirement, as at least for the 330M-750M, all these nVidias are mobile chipsets. They use memory sharing to get around the 256-512MB of RAM they have available. So that shouldn't matter so long as the system has enough RAM otherwise to run the game and the OS.

Still not sure what the problem is, but it looks like the base color of either the shirt or character's skin (if nude) is applied to the entire character model. There's also some flickering on the model when certain shaders are enabled.  Don't necessarily think it's a compression issue, as it seemed to work correctly for floor tiles, when enabled. 

So we'll have a good play with the thing over the next week or so, and see where we get. :)

It could just be certain color textures that seem to color the whole body, or it might be the underwear? 

On 11/11/2019 at 8:51 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Yep, skin color if nude, t-shirt color if a t-shirt is on.
Hat's show up fine, weapon models show up fine, backpacks show up, but may also be single color. 
when you wear a jacket the jacket shows up but then the player model becomes invisible except for weapon/ backpack / hat /hair. This is the same for zeds and can be a bit unnerving. Jacket seems to have texture in that it is more than one color, but honestly i'm not sure.
I wonder if it's the shader language version? Compatibility for me on that is 1.20
Might be texture buffer or texture multisample also?