Build 41 Melee Combat is too harsh for singleplayer

Josko

My problem with the Melee combat mechanic is that it's too harsh and unforgiving in singleplayer. For multiplayer I understand, it's balanced, perfect. But for singleplayer, since you will get no help from anyone, it becomes extremely hard to the point that it is just frustrating and boring.

So I suggest so Survival singleplayer has buffed combat to compensate the fact that you will be playing alone.

Also Strenght dosn't seem to affect much, zombies dosn't get pushed much, even with 9 to strenght, perhaps if high amount strenght allowed a character to knockback zombies further and hit 2 zombies with one swing and deal more damage? That would sove this whole issue I think, after all, you do spend 10 points to get the Strong trait ^^

I think a lot of the meele weapons need an overhaul with strength modifier tied in that way weapons feel unique and you would have a reason to pick one over the other.

For example a 2 handed blunt weapon should have higher chance of knockback and knockdown ( based on strength ) 
But to compensate has less chance of insta killing.

While Bladed weapons should be the opposite - where high chance of insta kill but low chance of knockdown or knockback.

22 minutes ago, ZombieHunter said:

I think a lot of the meele weapons need an overhaul with strength modifier tied in that way weapons feel unique and you would have a reason to pick one over the other.

For example a 2 handed blunt weapon should have higher chance of knockback and knockdown ( based on strength ) 
But to compensate has less chance of insta killing.

While Bladed weapons should be the opposite - where high chance of insta kill but low chance of knockdown or knockback.

Yeah exactly, like the hand axe for example, have a chance so the character hits the zombie right on the skull having the hand axe blade go deep into the skull and then the character pulls it out ^^

Honestly, they could watch walking dead to get some nice kill animation ideas

Archived